The Coffee Bean Van And Roaster
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Road to Roasting

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Just read through the last few dozens of posts. Sounds great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hasi View Post
    There's a bit more to it, like English product labelling that meets UK standards. But we're on it, will keep you posted!
    I'm surprised that's a requirement considering it's essentially a product people are buying from Austria mail order via a website.
    I've had several European coffees where the label was in the mother tongue.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashcroc View Post
    I'm surprised that's a requirement considering it's essentially a product people are buying from Austria mail order via a website.
    I've had several European coffees where the label was in the mother tongue.

I don't know what the requirements are specifically, but I guess not everybody does it by the book! ...surely we could care less however having the feeling we may as well do it right from the beginning.
    says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" ' @jimbojohn55

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I don't know what the requirements are specifically, but I guess not everybody does it by the book! ...surely we could care less however having the feeling we may as well do it right from the beginning.
    Funnily enough I got a bag from Hot Roasted Love in Bielefeld in this months & box which is (unsurprisingly) labeled in German. They do include a booklt of this months coffees which include the variety, process, tasting notes etc in english so maybe just a slip of paper in the packaging translated into the destination countries language would work? It seems a bit less wasteful to me than having more stamps made up, especially if done on recycled paper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashcroc View Post
    Funnily enough I got a bag from Hot Roasted Love in Bielefeld in this months & box which is (unsurprisingly) labeled in German. They do include a booklt of this months coffees which include the variety, process, tasting notes etc in english so maybe just a slip of paper in the packaging translated into the destination countries language would work? It seems a bit less wasteful to me than having more stamps made up, especially if done on recycled paper.

yep, my thoughts exactly - it would also keep its originality and stuff. We'll have to figure out what needs to be on that extra slip of paper in that case
    says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" ' @jimbojohn55

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default Road to Roasting

Fixed that for you

There's a bit more to it, like English product labelling that meets UK standards. But we're on it, will keep you *roasted!*
    Baseline: Bodum Arabica French Press, Pact pre-ground // Gotta start somewhere!
    June-18: Gaggia Classic (2007) w/usual refinements;
    VST basket; Fiorenzato F5 w/lens hood mod.
    Sep-18: Espro Ultralight Travel Press // Not cheap, but worth every cent.
    Oct-18: ACS Minima Beta, Niche Zero. Pullman 18g basket & Big Step // Livin' the dream
    Dang. It's mostly about beans, and consistency.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Receiving user name and password for online shipment creation service/tool of chosen forwarder by next week - offer was based on national shipping. Only after we log in, we'll see worldwide freight costs. Holy moly, didn't expect such a procedure...

Meanwhile, we prepared our first monthly settlement excitement! Party time!

And I've been going through offers for H1 NSF certified high-temp lubricants. Jesus, those cost a fortune!
    Would be interesting to hear what grease other roasters use or recommend... ( @DavecUK maybe? )
    says Hasi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

With all construction activities finished, it was time to pay the contractors.
    Not so much party time... but we knew what would be coming as everybody had to hand in binding offers before the start. Apart from it being a good idea in general, handing in binding offers was a requirement to apply for a subsidised founder's loan from some national fund. Anyways, I've prepared the final form to be signed off by both bank and tax counsellors. Creating the lump sum I figured we're 400-something quid away from a minimum investment sum that would trigger 1500 quid of government aid for founders.

Got me a Niche for that matter.

And you know what? It never felt better to buy something that makes for a grand in cash back.

Erm, did someone say party time?!
    says Hasi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Today I finally found time to open the package that's been dropped off on Monday...

A month's worth of family grocery shopping in a grease press. Funny enough, the grease price is almost equal to the press price, squared!! Sincerely hoping this is a lifetime filling totally didn't expect a fool... erm food-save (NSF H1 and ISO certified) lubricant to be this costly.

Thought I'd quickly lube the drum bearings, which went nearly too well at first. When I tried to undo couple from grease nipple, it simply didn't move! So had to go berserk removing all panels to gain proper access to the grease nipple...

...when I ultimately had salvaged the grease nipple and couple assembly, I tried for the longest time getting to the bottom of the problem. Without success so far. But grease is in on both ends so I'll come back to that nipple some other day.

While being at it, I took up belt slack and vacuum cleaned the internals.

Makes me wonder why servicing stuff just can't run smoothly for once...
    Last edited by Hasi; 14-02-19 at 12:22.
    says Hasi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Contributing to a crowdfunding campaign bears the problem of pulling out a receipt suitable to capitalise the purchase as company asset.

Quick email to the friendly faces at Niche got me an almost instant answer we are very delighted with!
    Thank you everybody at Niche, especially James and Annie, for your super speedy solution and forwarding of a regular invoice
    Last edited by Hasi; 14-02-19 at 01:02. Reason: improved language (hopefully)
    says Hasi.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast