1920 Caffe UK
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Road to Roasting

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hasi View Post

There you have it.

See them darker areas? Devil knows why that is... and the sealing guy said they would need to disappear before he'd show to rub in his stuff.
    What's the temperature like in there? Sometimes it can take a bit longer ti cure when cold.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashcroc View Post
    What's the temperature like in there? Sometimes it can take a bit longer ti cure when cold.
    Around 15-17°C, next to an electrical heater/blower that runs on low output dehumidification also creates smaller amounts of heat. Had it heated up to around 25°C between day 3 and 6.
    says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" ' @jimbojohn55

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    452 Post(s)

There you have it.

See them darker areas? Devil knows why that is... and the sealing guy said they would need to disappear before he'd show to rub in his stuff.
    Doh! It’s where the body is hidden..............!!!!!!!!!
    L-R / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Customised Pullman Big Step, Wenge Handle Lev Tamp, Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 340ml pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme & Loveramics cups / Espazzola / Hottop / home embroidered bar towels / beans on the go from Foundry, The Barn & Square Mile / 6 gorgeous guinea pigs / a dog / a very lovely husband / a snug shepherd’s hut / and a shiny new 10000 Club Badge!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MildredM View Post
    Doh! It’s where the body is hidden..............!!!!!!!!!
    Now that you didn't mention which type of 'body' there'd be hiding AND if our little one had his way, we'd be digging for dinosaurs now...

To me this looks more like an anti body, or maybe it's Chinese for 'good luck'... who knows...
    says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" ' @jimbojohn55

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Might be a gas pipe under there. It certainly has the shape of a pipe route and gas pipes sometimes create extra moisture in the ground around them. One gas engineer I knew could tell the route a pipe took through a garden based on the way the grass was growing more densely in the area around it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsangpa View Post
    Might be a gas pipe under there. It certainly has the shape of a pipe route and gas pipes sometimes create extra moisture in the ground around them. One gas engineer I knew could tell the route a pipe took through a garden based on the way the grass was growing more densely in the area around it.
    Oh that would be thrilling!
    Wish we had a gas pipe near our house to connect a roaster...

But I've built this house and can tell you there is absolutely nothing underneath
    says Hasi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Oh that would be thrilling!
    Wish we had a gas pipe near our house to connect a roaster...

But I've built this house and can tell you there is absolutely nothing underneath
    Well there wasn’t when you built it anyway
    Home - Nuova Simonelli Oscar (modified), Compak e8, IMS shower screen, IMS double basket, skateboard torr, Hauck tamper, MildredM towels 😊

Work rig - Aergrind, aeropress (rip latte locker) Camping stove

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Another throwing-heat-money-out-the-window type weekend didn't yield much better results. By now I believe these spots aren't moist areas but rather somehow tinted/pigmented... come tomorrow hopefully someone capable of measuring building moisture shows up
    says Hasi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default Road to Roasting

If you have a laser thermometer handy, are these areas cooler?
    (or warmer...)
    Baseline: Bodum Arabica French Press, Pact pre-ground // Gotta start somewhere!
    June-18: Gaggia Classic (2007) w/usual refinements;
    VST basket; Fiorenzato F5 w/lens hood mod.
    Sep-18: Espro Ultralight Travel Press // Not cheap, but worth every cent.
    Oct-18: ACS Minima Beta, Niche Zero. Pullman 18g basket & Big Step // Livin' the dream
    Dang. It's mostly about beans, and consistency.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moots View Post
    If you have a laser thermometer handy, are these areas cooler?
    (or warmer...)
    Not anymore after all the heat I pumped into that little chamber.
    Also, the only near field probe I have handy is what the kids and I usually wrangle about upon their refusal to letting me take their in-ear temp ...but I'll check it out when I'm back home tonight
    says Hasi.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910