Bella Barista

Thread: Hot water wand spits out steam and muddy coloured water

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Hot water wand spits out steam and muddy coloured water

Rocket Espresso Mozzafiato Evoluzione r. Machine is about 3 months old, plumbed in water through a BWT, have done weekly maintenance on brew head.

The water wand blasts out sputtering and steaming although I remember when I first tried it the water came out gently without steam. I didn't check the colour then but now it seams to be a dark tinge like there is coffee in it somehow.

Happy for the help. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idua View Post
    Rocket Espresso Mozzafiato Evoluzione r. Machine is about 3 months old, plumbed in water through a BWT, have done weekly maintenance on brew head.

The water wand blasts out sputtering and steaming although I remember when I first tried it the water came out gently without steam. I didn't check the colour then but now it seams to be a dark tinge like there is coffee in it somehow.

Happy for the help. Thanks
    What’s the water colour as it comes from the group head? Bear in mind the group may have residual coffee in it.

When you bought the machine, did you flush the tank? Did you heat the machine up, turned it off, then opened he hot water tap until empty, and then repeated the process?

Did you take the covers of the machine off and checked it over for any possible leaks?

It’s highly unlikely you have coffee in the service boiler.

To eliminate you plumbing setup, flush the machine snd then I’d run the machine from the tank, so you can see exactly what’s going in.

Report back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MediumRoastSteam View Post
    What’s the water colour as it comes from the group head? Bear in mind the group may have residual coffee in it.

When you bought the machine, did you flush the tank? Did you heat the machine up, turned it off, then opened he hot water tap until empty, and then repeated the process?

Did you take the covers of the machine off and checked it over for any possible leaks?

It’s highly unlikely you have coffee in the service boiler.

To eliminate you plumbing setup, flush the machine snd then I’d run the machine from the tank, so you can see exactly what’s going in.

Report back.
    Water from Group Head is clean.
    Pretty sure I drained the tank when new and water ran clear.
    Will remove covers but don't see any leaks anywhere

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)

Video and photo so we can see...
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: Just loads of stuff I forget I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavecUK View Post
    Video and photo so we can see...
    Hi Dave, Video was hard to see with the steam and not sure how to load- here are a couple of pictures. Not having any luck uploading...- I poured water direct from BWT water filter then from the Water Wand and there is definitely a difference in the colour. I could email pictures to you but can't seem to upload here.
    Thanks