The Coffee Bean Van And Roaster

Thread: Servicing for a Cherub in London

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Servicing for a Cherub in London

Afternoon all, long time since I've posted or commented but that's another story. Always great to catch on the discussion here in those fleeting moments

Anyhow does anyone have any good recommendations for getting a Cherub serviced in London (ideally SW)? I'm not keen to send it back to Fracino as that would involve packing/shipping and so on and it's in good shape, just needs all the valves and so on changed after 5yrs+ great service. I'm loathe to do it myself due to time constraints primarily and ideally I'd want someone to come to me and do it here given it's just valves etc... so I don't have to drain/move it but I'm resigned to the fact it's probably a take it to the workshop type job.

Anyone have any good options they can recommend?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!
    Fracino Cherub Stainless, VST baskets, Eureka Mignon. Knock VST Tamper, a few motta tampers. Various press/moka pots, Aeropress, Baraza Virtuoso Preciso at work

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Id suggest to do it yourself with a service kit.
    Takes around an hour tho depends what water you have been using - scale may be an issue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Traders Coffee LTD Surbiton will sort you out. Pay the shop a visit. Nice people to deal with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    Traders Coffee LTD Surbiton will sort you out. Pay the shop a visit. Nice people to deal with.
    Many thanks for this, turned out to be perfect. Have gone for the full service where they disassemble and descale all boiler and pipework also. Worth it for the cost while they have it in. Takes 2 weeks or so depending on what service calls they have on. Spoke to a very nice chap called Miro. Will post again when I get the machine back as to how it's all gone.
    Fracino Cherub Stainless, VST baskets, Eureka Mignon. Knock VST Tamper, a few motta tampers. Various press/moka pots, Aeropress, Baraza Virtuoso Preciso at work

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Picking up completely serviced machine on Sat. Just over a week turnaround as it turns out. They have fully descaled and serviced for a very reasonable price. Will update again once I have the machine back but so far very impressed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by origmarm View Post
    Picking up completely serviced machine on Sat. Just over a week turnaround as it turns out. They have fully descaled and serviced for a very reasonable price. Will update again once I have the machine back but so far very impressed
    I'm around the corner from these guys -- what kind of costing did you end up with for a service? Might be handy to know for future reference...
    Espresso: Quick Mill Verona
    Grinder: Niche Zero
    Brewed: Hario V60, French press

For sale: Eureka Mignon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lhavelund View Post
    I'm around the corner from these guys -- what kind of costing did you end up with for a service? Might be handy to know for future reference...
    Mine came to approx £150 for a 'domestic' machine. Apparently this is what they consider the Cherub. This was a full service though so included a boiler descale etc... I can't remember if that incl/excl VAT though. If I remember correctly it's approx £250 for the 'commercial' machine version. If you need parts replacing/similar outside the normal service items (seals etc...) then that's on top

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Service complete and machine back. Great job. Replaced the failed main power switch/control unit also at £90+VAT. Machine running very well. Chap called Miro there very nice to work with. Recommended