Coffee Omega Rocket

Thread: Sheet pans

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Default Sheet pans

I'm after a 2-3 aluminium sheet pans - half size and smaller (according to the US dimensions at least). These don't seem to be sold in Bulgaria. I tried a few restaurant supply stores but they only stock full sized ones to fit commercial ovens. Any tips on online restaurant supply stores with reasonable prices in the UK please? I'll be writing to Invicta but I'm not sure they work with individuals for small quantities.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)

Nisbets are normally relatively reasonable - not sure what size it means so just putting the lot: https://www.nisbets.co.uk/search/?text=aluminium+sheet
    Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    570 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuenhisushi View Post
    Is there any address that provides specialized pan to roast coffee?
    What kind of pan? To roast over a fire, do you mean?
    L-R / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Customised Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer tool / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 340ml pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Square Mile / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guinea pigs / a dog / a very lovely husband / and a large array of coffee towels!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love my Cereal Dispenser PW-901, I own a little restaurant based on breakfast food and can't imagine my place without this little helper. I order it in online shop, you may check it: mcdonaldpaper.com And I'm very satisfied with the quality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

shallow gastronorm pans (and deeper ones for that matter) come in all sizes from full size 1/1 down to 1/9 so the 1/2 is a half size and what you probably want. Nisbets as Joe has mentioned are good and they are often on sale there.
    R58, Niche (midnight black), IMS screen, VST Basket, Acaia Pearl, Torr GF, Feldgrind, V60, Kalita 185 and loads of other stuff I probably don't need

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Costco does half and full size
    Don't know if they are in Bulgaria, if not unsure if cost of delivery would be too high also. From memory sure two half sheet are about £15.
    Last edited by mremanxx; 18-02-19 at 06:25. Reason: More info.
    Isomac Alba
    Elektra Grinder
    Flat Whites only baby.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mremanxx View Post
    Costco does half and full size
    Don't know if they are in Bulgaria, if not unsure if cost of delivery would be too high also. From memory sure two half sheet are about £15.
    Are they available online? Can't seem to find them on the website.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

https://www.costco.com/Crestware-Alu...100460602.html

Only ever bought instore, unsure if you can get these delivered to be honest, surprised that you cannot get something similar in Bulgaria.
    Isomac Alba
    Elektra Grinder
    Flat Whites only baby.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mremanxx View Post
    https://www.costco.com/Crestware-Alu...100460602.html

Only ever bought instore, unsure if you can get these delivered to be honest, surprised that you cannot get something similar in Bulgaria.
    Yeah, I know. Don't get me started on the things you can't get here..

But also to be fair, after a fair amount of research I discovered that here in Bulgaria we follow the European/French standard for ovens and thus baking sheets (?) - a full sheet pan is 60x40cm while a half sheet is 30x40cm. I think the baking sheets you have there are the US size and the half sized one doesn't fit my oven by a few cm.. Not that I can find a 30x40cm sheet here that is.. I had to order one from France. Most people here use the baking sheets that come supplied with the oven but they are not aluminum and come in all different sizes so not convenient for some more advanced pastry recipes
    Last edited by bronc; 19-02-19 at 04:38.