Bella Barista
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: The 40 second shot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I had a really god 1:15 shot this morning. I went to adjust the grinder coarser but went the wrong way and only managed a few drips in 20 seconds. I dropped the lever half way to stop the pump and waited about 20 seconds, watched the pressure gauge dropping and then started the pump again. over the next 30 or so seconds I got a really good even flow. Pulled the fig/plum flavours right out of the CC Brazil Natural with very little in the way of over extracted after taste. Will try the same technique again only without letting it get up to full pressure at the start (maybe 4-5 bar) which will hopefully stop the over extraction entirely...
    Expobar DB Office Leva IV, La Pavoni Professional -- FOR SALE: MBK HEFT, Torr Goldfinger Titan Convex & 58.55 Flat -- Ceado E8, Lido E, Pharos VDD -- 2 and 5 cup Syphons; Vintage Nicro Metal Filter -- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Tried it and it didn't have the same effect. Time to go coarser (actually coarser).
    Expobar DB Office Leva IV, La Pavoni Professional -- FOR SALE: MBK HEFT, Torr Goldfinger Titan Convex & 58.55 Flat -- Ceado E8, Lido E, Pharos VDD -- 2 and 5 cup Syphons; Vintage Nicro Metal Filter -- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe