Dog and Hat

Thread: Duetto iv steam pressure issue and leak

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Default Duetto iv steam pressure issue and leak

Fired up my machine yesterday and noticed the steam pressure gauge pushing up against the zero stop from beneath, as if it had gone over the max and right round. But now it's off and cold it sits on 3 bar, as if the needle has jumped over the zero stop or has moved on its spindle.

Additionally it has a leak, the source of which wasn't obvious on a quick look from the top without further dismantling. I'm reluctant to go too far in case there's too much pressure somewhere but is there a sort of rule of thumb method for finding a leak or do the above symptoms flag up an obvious easy fix?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)

As a rule of thumb, remove case, switch on and observe machine from all angles, listen for hissing sounds. Also run pump against blind filter as well. This all needs to be done from cold to fully hot (30m or so).

PS. Replace steam gauge.
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: Just loads of stuff I forget I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Thanks as ever @DavecUK for your helpful advice.

Having done the above, established the gauge is definitely knackered and observed the machine otherwise working fine with the top off for a couple of hours I think the pooling water was probably just from an overfilled or spilled drip tray or overflow line out of place and I leapt to a worse conclusion because of the pressure gauge reading!

As an added bonus my machine now doesn't have "My Way" in a silly font on the pressure gauge and I have the necessary parts to plumb it in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

It may prudent to consider how the steam guage got knackered

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
    It may prudent to consider how the steam guage got knackered
    Fair shout. I will be keeping an eye. BB were very relaxed about it though and the implication was that these pressure gauges do go.