CoffeeHit
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: La Pavoni Europiccola 1977 (2.0) rebuild

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Default La Pavoni Europiccola 1977 (2.0) rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by Benjijames28 View Post
    Well done on the restoration, must have been fun for you.

These machines really are brilliant to look at.
    They’re also brilliant to make coffee with

I maybe wouldn’t want to fiddle with mine each morning (given its age and condition, that’d be outrageous in its own right), but really enjoying the process for a relaxed afternoon or evening cup, every now and then.
    @ricca509 indeed nice work and setup!
    says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" ' @jimbojohn55

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Now on to making coffee with it! (although I briefly used it before installing the gauge and it was brilliant)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

just wondering, what is the warmup time of the La Pav on average, does it tell you when it is ready? (i have heard to listen for a hissing sound)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkJunket View Post
    just wondering, what is the warmup time of the La Pav on average, does it tell you when it is ready? (i have heard to listen for a hissing sound)
    If its a twin element then put it on II untill it just starts to hiss then switch to I - flush the group head to give it a quick clean and heat up, at which point it should be nice and hot, 5-7 mins from cold usually does it
    the arrival of the new pod machine at work
    http://captiongenerator.com/1157192/...achine-at-work

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

My La Pav Pro (1.6lt/16 cup) with the water to the top of the sight glass and an ambient of 14C takes 10 to 11 minutes to reach operating temp. This of course includes the false pressure release time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbojohn55 View Post
    If its a twin element then put it on II untill it just starts to hiss then switch to I - flush the group head to give it a quick clean and heat up, at which point it should be nice and hot, 5-7 mins from cold usually does it
    ah how would I know if its a twin element or not? But definitely sounds like a good time to warmup for me! Have you measured what temperature it reaches at the point of the hiss?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

ah how would I know if its a twin element or not? But definitely sounds like a good time to warmup for me! Have you measured what temperature it reaches at the point of the hiss?
    keep this bookmarked - will give you all the info you will need http://www.francescoceccarelli.eu/lapavoni_ep_eng.htm

The temp of the water varies on a couple of things - if its a twin element or not, if the group is fully heated - in some ways the pav is more variable than most machines and the development of a routine, timing and understanding are required to get the best out of it.

any of the pavs can do the business but they require a certain amount of experience - its what makes them rewarding for many but frustrating for others

each one is a little different, with the pre 75 having what some to believe is the best group others disagree, all part of the fun!
    the arrival of the new pod machine at work
    http://captiongenerator.com/1157192/...achine-at-work

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks for the help! How long have you been using the La Pavoni for, and any reasons making you wanting to upgrade?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The temperature I measured on my '74 is between 50 to 60 degC at the time of the hiss (at about 1bar of pressure). I normally then switch to 1 and leave it until it gets to 83-84 degC then pull the shot.
    Time about 15' from when I turn it on to when I pull the shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ricca509 View Post
    The temperature I measured on my '74 is between 50 to 60 degC at the time of the hiss (at about 1bar of pressure). I normally then switch to 1 and leave it until it gets to 83-84 degC then pull the shot.
    Time about 15' from when I turn it on to when I pull the shot.
    What are you using to measure the temperature? Is it easy to measure?