The Coffee Bean Van And Roaster
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loyalty and Till Systems

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default Loyalty and Till Systems

Do any shop owners/workers here use apps rather than loyalty cards and stamps? If so what are they and would you recommend them?

Regarding tills, I use Izettle at present, but believe that with the amount of card transactions going through, I may be better off with a different provider. Again are there any systems that people love? One feature it really needs to provide is good MI reports

Thanks
    Rocket Giotto Evoluzione V2, Macap MXD, Brewista Scales,Gene Cafe Roaster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)

for card transactions @jeebsy
    I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...
    https://rjwinc.wordpress.com
    Instagram
    rjw_inc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)

Square offer a lower rate and next day deposits but their card reader doesn't display the amount of the sale to the customer which I don't like

If you're doing good amounts then it might be worth looking at a contract type system rather than one of the newfangled providers. We still use izettle as i really like the reporting and POS app but I think there could be cheaper deals around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jeebsy View Post
    Square offer a lower rate and next day deposits but their card reader doesn't display the amount of the sale to the customer which I don't like

If you're doing good amounts then it might be worth looking at a contract type system rather than one of the newfangled providers. We still use izettle as i really like the reporting and POS app but I think there could be cheaper deals around.
    I do like Izettle, but believe there are cheaper options out there. Iím in no rush to change, just wonder what could be worth looking into.

Do you use the loyalty function on it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)

Didn't even know it had a loyalty function - seems a bit complicated.

Square are 1.75% which is a good hit lower than izettle, think a contract could get below that again though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)

Just checked and izettle now say they're flat rate, I used to get emails from them saying I'd qualified for a better rate due to volume of sales etc. Wonder if that's changed recently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

I've heard good things about SumUp but not from people specifically with cafes. I'm getting charged 2% for iZettle fees on the standard system - are you using iZettle Pro?

From a coffee shop startup group discussion a while ago.
    Apparently the Good Till Co are worth a look and a coffee shop owner / consultant said that Nobly POS is a good choice v iZettle as it’s a fixed monthly fee rather than a % of sales so there will be a crossover point where iZettle charges you more. Also Nobly has lots more integrations and back office functions that will save you time and money.
    Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jeebsy View Post
    Just checked and izettle now say they're flat rate, I used to get emails from them saying I'd qualified for a better rate due to volume of sales etc. Wonder if that's changed recently.
    Last month I had a refund as hit the target, so believe I still get better rates. Iíll take a look when I get home

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jlarkin View Post
    I've heard good things about SumUp but not from people specifically with cafes. I'm getting charged 2% for iZettle fees on the standard system - are you using iZettle Pro?

From a coffee shop startup group discussion a while ago.
    Apparently the Good Till Co are worth a look and a coffee shop owner / consultant said that Nobly POS is a good choice v iZettle as itís a fixed monthly fee rather than a % of sales so there will be a crossover point where iZettle charges you more. Also Nobly has lots more integrations and back office functions that will save you time and money.
    Yes I use pro.

Interesting, Iíll take a look at that

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if your volume of sales are over £8000 each month which is not a crazy amount, they can offer you a discounted rate. Do contact them, still won't be as competitive as the high street ingenico style devices but theres a compromise with the software side and ease of use vs charges.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast