Adams and Russell
Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445 LastLast

Thread: ACS Minima Beta Machines - creating list of people who want one

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    471 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pliers View Post
    Is the Minima fitted with compression or non compression type steam and hot water valves?
    Compression on the Betas and I made no recommendation for non compression ones. Reliable and cheaper if you're not heavy handed.
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavecUK View Post
    Compression on the Betas and I made no recommendation for non compression ones. Reliable and cheaper if you're not heavy handed.
    Sorry for my ignorance here. What’s the difference between them? Are compression the “standard” type and non-compression those which have a spring and come with fancy machines?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    471 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MediumRoastSteam View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance here. What’s the difference between them? Are compression the “standard” type and non-compression those which have a spring and come with fancy machines?
    Sort of, there isn't a huge difference in price, but every little helps and the standard ones can actually be a little more reliable if people are not heavy handed.
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So it looks like the final production machine got rid of the dual pressure gauge on the body and now it has a single gauge right on the grouphead?

Based on the Bella barista description and pics.
    Last edited by gus6464; 1 Week Ago at 05:22.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gus6464 View Post
    So it looks like the final production machine got rid of the dual pressure gauge on the body and now it has a single gauge right on the grouphead?

That’s good. So one can set the temp of the service boiler using the PID, providing everything is fine, you really don’t need a gauge for the steam boiler, and also can see the actual group pressure when pulling a shot, and not the pressure of the water after the OPV.

Well done ACS!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gus6464 View Post

True yea that makes sense in terms of meaninful readouts.
    And I believe it helps cutting costs a bit more. Usually them dual gauges are well over 30-40 quid before tax, whereas supplied Orman gauge amounts to some 10-15 maybe. That also comes in handy if the part would fail one day: cheaply and easily replaceable
    @Paolo_Cortese : think I speak for all interested members, especially for all Beta testers, when I ask you to post a few insights into what you guys changed for the production model?
    Or are we maybe gonna see a revised @DavecUK review at a later stage?

Thank you guys!
    says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" ' @jimbojohn55

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    471 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hasi View Post
    True yea that makes sense in terms of meaninful readouts.
    And I believe it helps cutting costs a bit more. Usually them dual gauges are well over 30-40 quid before tax, whereas supplied Orman gauge amounts to some 10-15 maybe. That also comes in handy if the part would fail one day: cheaply and easily replaceable
    @Paolo_Cortese : think I speak for all interested members, especially for all Beta testers, when I ask you to post a few insights into what you guys changed for the production model?
    Or are we maybe gonna see a revised @DavecUK review at a later stage?

Thank you guys!
    I am hoping to get a machine soon to do an actual review of the production model. If it doesn't arrive soon I will have forgotten what was on the beta! I was responsible for loosing the dual gauge on the body. I it gives:

• A cleaner look and easier to build
    • Service boiler temp shows on the Display anyway
    • It's more reliable as less piping and fittings
    • If the gauge fails changing a group one takes a few minutes
    • No pressure bounce, or false readings due to water expansion after the shot.
    • A reading directly at the group

It just made so much sense to not have it where gauges traditionally go....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Just discovered the bottomless portafilter that comes with the Minima doesn't fit a 22g VST basket, making a third party one a necessity for anyone wanting triple ristrettos.
    Expobar DB Office Leva IV, La Pavoni Professional -- FOR SALE: MBK HEFT, Torr Goldfinger Titan Convex & 58.55 Flat -- Ceado E8, Lido E, Pharos VDD -- 2 and 5 cup Syphons; Vintage Nicro Metal Filter -- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

On the subject of bottomless portafilters, is there anything about the Minima group that will prevent a third party e61 one being compatible?

I'm purchasing a Minima and haven't found an ACS accessory stockist in the UK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    471 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vollbart View Post
    On the subject of bottomless portafilters, is there anything about the Minima group that will prevent a third party e61 one being compatible?

I'm purchasing a Minima and haven't found an ACS accessory stockist in the UK.
    No

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445 LastLast