Coffee Sensor
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eureka Blow Up system

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavecUK View Post
    I'm struggling to believe that this is serious....surely the guy is doing something wrong?
    I want to understand that it's how you say

Enviado desde mi CLT-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Eureka are just bucking the trend. Whilst everyone else is trying to figure out how to reduce static Eureka have solved the problem of how you make more static... Sure it's messy but it's all about taste in the cup.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HowardND View Post
    What have you seen or heard which suggests that?
    You can see here:
    https://www.elektros.it/dk/en/blow_u...retention.html

Also on the Eureka Blow Up webpage it doesn't refer to Mignion. If you check Minion webpage you don't see blow up hopper as optionals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If only there was a cheaper more DIY way of achieving this level of genius with, say, an old Mazzer grinder and the addition of some sort of rubber hopper with a lid.
    Nuova Simonelli Personal 1 ¦ Mazzer SJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I actually added a dome silicone cake form that fit the hopper of the Olympus. Sadly though i got mixed results. Sometimes it would not clear the stuck coffee in the chute and i couldn't notice much air getting lost along the way.

Hoping that either i was doing something wrong and the Eureka Blow Up system doesn't have this issue or the grinder design just won't allow properly clearing the grinds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    Eureka are just bucking the trend. Whilst everyone else is trying to figure out how to reduce static Eureka have solved the problem of how you make more static... Sure it's messy but it's all about taste in the cup.
    Disagree......how can offering a solution to clearing our retained grinds be classed as bucking the trend....what is this trend you refer to anyway? These hoppers are on order and ought to be here sometimes in October. Eventually they will be available for all grinders but I believe initially just the Atom/65 range (there is a new 75mm Atom out soon as well).
     You never hear the bullet thats kills you 

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dfk41 View Post
    Disagree......how can offering a solution to clearing our retained grinds be classed as bucking the trend....what is this trend you refer to anyway? These hoppers are on order and ought to be here sometimes in October. Eventually they will be available for all grinders but I believe initially just the Atom/65 range (there is a new 75mm Atom out soon as well).
    Confused.... You seem to have taken my post seriously...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From curiosity i have tested the new zero retention hopper ( the small one ) from Eureka with a Zenith 60E using "single dose".
    I did 10 attempts, with the last I made a clip.
    It should be noted that at zenit the evacuation hole is adjustable, the retention varies greatly according to its position.

I tried with: "soft pump", "hard pump", "cleaning", and "continuous".
    Using as single dose the grinder makes popcorning... Actually the the manufacturer recommends to use with coffee in the hopper.

video>

My last attempt: 18g in - 17.6g out, this means 0.4g, equals a retention of 2.22%..

The small 300g old hopper is 97% indentic with the new one just has a white box besides the "rubber" gasket.

See image:

The price difference is inexplicably high.
    Zero retention I saw with Sette, or almost zero at Honne without a hopper of this price range.. :-)
    GS3AV - Hedone Honne - Kinu M47

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wouldn’t you still get a load of popcorning with single doses with that puffer hopper? I rather like my metal lens hood. I found a little plastic lid that came off one of my son’s pots of slime fits inside this perfectly and prevents popcorning! Total cost £4.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DRAXXMENVONE View Post
    Wouldn’t you still get a load of popcorning with single doses with that puffer hopper? I rather like my metal lens hood. I found a little plastic lid that came off one of my son’s pots of slime fits inside this perfectly and prevents popcorning! Total cost £4.
    Yes this helps the popcorning, but retentions is still the same. I was amazed how much can stuck in the evacuation "chamber".
    GS3AV - Hedone Honne - Kinu M47