1920 Caffe UK

Thread: No touchpad lights

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default No touchpad lights

Hi, Hoping someone can help me to fix the touchpad lights on my Fracino Classic 2 Group. They were illuminating yesterday so I'm not sure what has happened. All buttons work and dispense as they should, it's just the lights that have stopped working. Any ideas? (I'm new & not that technical - simple language/instructions would help) LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Switch machine off, allow to cool, take off lid & RH side panel.
    Remove, clean (with methylated spirit) the ribbon cable connectors to the touchpads & control box (black box on rh side of front bulkhead), and refit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for replying to my post. I have taken the lid and RH panel off as suggested. I have cleaned the ribbon connectors but was not sure if I should be cleaning the part where the ribbon meets the touchpad as well? The connectors were perfectly clean, however the green bit where it touches the back of the touchpad looks a bit mucky. Also, did you mean for me to remove the connectors from the circuit board and clean the connection there? Thank you again. These lights should be working but I would really like them to work so that I can do some programming.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Celan all the connections - cables, touchpad. controlbox. Allow the meths to evaporate before reconnecting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you. I'll have a go over the next couple of days and let you know how I get on. Thank you again for replying, it really is much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

If the cleaning doesn't solve the problem, then the fact that both touchpad lights are out together suggests that the control box is faulty.