Espazzola

Thread: H r Higgins /rave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default H r Higgins /rave

Looking for some new beans to try just had a batch from smokey barn Mexican something they were ok but very sweet almost sickley, looking at trying some beans from rave or h r Higgins any recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Rave have never really done it for me, but their prices are competitive and lots of others on this forum seem to like them.

H R Higgins have a good range spanning old fashioned, very dark roasted blends, all the way to third wave style single estates and all points inbetween. They're based in Mayfair though so can't come close to beating others on price.

What method is it for? I've never had a Kenyan that is overly sweet as pour over (sweeping generalisation) but they tend not to be great as espresso.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)

I use Rave signature as a bit of a reference point when using a new machine, so I know what im heading for with adjusting the machine, its a very consistent blend that they use in their own cafe, their single origin are always pretty good but I move on from them to other roasters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have got some of the Nicaragua / Buenos Aires currently and they are fantastic. Got them knock down price from the warehouse sale.