Bella Barista

Thread: Oracle Touch not tamping correctly every time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Oracle Touch not tamping correctly every time

Hello, we’ve had our Oracle Touch now for about two months at first everything was fine, But shortly after the first week it’s developed a Fault & doesn’t seem to Tamp correctly or finish the job you could say. Being such a new machine we’ve checked, cleaned & reset everything we could but this has not resolved the intermittent fault. Sage themselves have been little use to us infant we seem to be going round in circles, they’re conclusions now are we’re using the wrong beans or should I say the beans don’t agree with the Oracle. Don’t get me wrong I can see their understanding but Sage sent us a bag of Pact coffee beans & the conclusion was the Oracle has or had the same fault as with our beans. Now almost four weeks down the line with reporting the fault & getting nowhere Sage are sending us another package yes some more Pact beans ( we are grateful for the beans mind ) but this has got us nowhere. We are very frustrated in what was a considered purchase for us & are feeling like we’re getting nowhere. Any help please would put our minds at rest or the next step for us Many Thanks
    FE1815C0-FE38-45B8-948E-4B78B6473899.jpg
    Last edited by SNOBOL; 13-07-18 at 08:21. Reason: Photo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Same happened to mine. Coffee classics who have the sage service contract tried to tell me it was the beans too. It wasn’t it was just faulty. Send it back to the retailer and either get a refund or a new machine. Personally I went for a manual set up after thinking the oracle would be amazing but I’m very happy I went manual now.
    R58, Chop top Mythos, IMS screen, VST Basket, Acaia Pearl, Torr GF, Feldgrind, V60, Kalita 185 and loads of other stuff I probably don't need

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GingerBen View Post
    Same happened to mine. Coffee classics who have the sage service contract tried to tell me it was the beans too. It wasn’t it was just faulty. Send it back to the retailer and either get a refund or a new machine. Personally I went for a manual set up after thinking the oracle would be amazing but I’m very happy I went manual now.
    Think I should've scrolled down before searching out your thread!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

From the pic I'd say try to eliminate two possibilities.

1. The grind is too fine. So go coarser.
    2. Its overdosing. So reduce the dose.

But really it should distribute and tamp regardless of the above. Best to return or get replacement.
    Sage Duo Temp - La Cimbali 6/S A 64mm flat burr + numerous projects: Sunbeam, Ascaso, Gaggia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M_H_S View Post
    From the pic I'd say try to eliminate two possibilities.

1. The grind is too fine. So go coarser.
    2. Its overdosing. So reduce the dose.

But really it should distribute and tamp regardless of the above. Best to return or get replacement.
    you can’t reduce the dose on an oracle, that’s the problem with it. Also going coarser will put more coffee in the basket as it doses on time not weight so that will make this issue worse
    R58, Chop top Mythos, IMS screen, VST Basket, Acaia Pearl, Torr GF, Feldgrind, V60, Kalita 185 and loads of other stuff I probably don't need

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I would say send it back, and maybe just check whats around in the for sales, cough

I know GingerBen was going round the bend with it at the time.
    WHY DO CROCS HAVE HOLE'S IN?

TO LET YOUR DIGNITY OUT.