Adams and Russell

Thread: Need an advice on office coffee machine 10 cups a day

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question Need an advice on office coffee machine 10 cups a day

Hello

I am pretty new to this forum. I represent an office based company in London and I am looking to buy a coffee machine for our office. We drink coffee every day from shops around but we would like to have a machine with us and just make coffee our selves. So I would like to ask for any advice or even a link to a good option. If you sales representative just send me an offer to private.

Now a few things: We are not coffee experts, so we look for a simple solution where we could put in beans, milk and water, push the button and get completed coffee in our cup. Also, we look for the coffee machine where you can make the variety of coffee, like americano, late cappuccino espresso etc. And also it has to be an only bean, not capsule option as we don't like sticking to one brand of coffee.

Our budged up to £800 but it would be nice to save money

Any advice is appreciated!
    Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    397 Post(s)

Do you have a small Microwave near where you will put the machine, also a hot water boiler, burco type thing or kettle?
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: Just loads of stuff I forget I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We do have microwave and kettle, but it would be better to have full on the coffee machine that does everything by itself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    397 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosas100 View Post
    We do have microwave and kettle, but it would be better to have full on the coffee machine that does everything by itself.
    At £800 you won't find something that does everything you are looking for and to try and make it do everything, it will probably have a very short life. You don't say where you are, but lets assume you have hard water. Asking the machine to also be a kettle, puts more workload on it and the machines dispense water at nowhere close to boiling, in fact at a water debit that many find acceptable when waiting for a mug of water, they run quite cool...add milk and you got to neck the drink immediately. These milks also don't have large water tanks, so you don't want to be constantly filling it. If the Bean To Cup machine only uses it's water to make the coffee espresso portions and steam the milk, with the kettle for the larger water requirements. Then keeping low mineral bottled water just for the machine is an option and avoids the need for frequent descaling. people on the forum will soon tell you what the best bottled water to use is.

No machine for £800 will have a internal milk refrigeration option, so a milk container will have to be kept in the nearby fridge (I make a reasonable assumption you have to have a fridge, if you already have a kettle), bought out and attached to the machine when you want milk. The foamed milk is never hot enough so you have to give it 15-20s in a microwave to just give it that edge.

Then any machine is going to have a designated carer, to do any regular cleaning and people will have to be trusted to empty the drip tray/old coffee puck container when asked. This is usually about every 8-10 coffees on the smaller machines.

The best option for your requirements of 10 cups per day at the price you want to pay, is one of these (my reviews are 100% impartial, honest and definitely not an advertorial, you can trust what you read/watch in those 5 pages and the tech tour video):

https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordp...-varianza-csp/

Read it it's my 5 page review, the tech tour video is informative and you should also look at that. Bella Barista no longer sell them (for range and profitablity reasons, not because they are no good).

I've tested a lot of BTC machines in my time and I thought this was easily the best one (with a street price of around £600 - £650, even when you consider machines up to £1200.

Redber coffee has retailed these for years, so probably a good solid UK place to buy one and sometimes have special offers. remember though you need the Caffeo Varianza CSP (there is a similar named model, but it's not the same)

This place seems to have them at £570, but the come from Germany.
    http://www.grooves-inc.co.uk/melitta...MaAozYEALw_wcB
    Last edited by DavecUK; 16-07-18 at 09:45.
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: Just loads of stuff I forget I have.