Adams and Russell

Thread: Porta filter won’t fit into the grind dispenser on my Sage Oracle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs down Porta filter won’t fit into the grind dispenser on my Sage Oracle

Hi, I have just made a couple of coffees exactly as I would do normally on my 2 year old Oracle.
    after knocking the puck from the porta filter I went to put it into the coffee dispenser but it wouldnt lock in place. I couldn’t turn it at all. It just won’t go in. Any ideas please.
    if it needs Proffessional attention has anyone got any knowledge of a repair company near Bristol?
    cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Update on my last. I just spoke to a great guy from ‘Coffee Classics’ http://coffeeclassics.co.uk/what-we-...-or-breakdown/ who talked me through the process of resetting one of the lugs on the coffee dispenser.
    highly recommend them, friendly patient and proffessional.
    Many thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noggin1 View Post
    Update on my last. I just spoke to a great guy from ‘Coffee Classics’ http://coffeeclassics.co.uk/what-we-...-or-breakdown/ who talked me through the process of resetting one of the lugs on the coffee dispenser.
    highly recommend them, friendly patient and proffessional.
    Many thanks
    Hi, I have the exact same problem, however the company is closed at the weekends. Can you share what they told you to do?

thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

@Eusi
    I have only read about this ,
    Apparently this can happen if the portafilter is misaligned the time before .
    There is a switch type thing in the grove the portafilter lug pushes to actuate the grinder .
    I think it sticks and then blocks the portafilter
    if you follow the grove around to where it finally sits when grinding and find it it can be released
    I can’t remember where I read it here on on another forum
    Hope that helps