Rave Coffee Roasters
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Mahlkonig EK43S. Funnel use instead of hopper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    570 Post(s)

Not sure how I missed this thread. I am starting to see how beautiful the EK can be
    L-R / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Customised Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer tool / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 340ml pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Square Mile / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guinea pigs / a dog / a very lovely husband / and a large array of coffee towels!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)

If I'm single dosing, I either just pour them straight in or use an AeroPress funnel. Btw, just single dosed some #SSSSS and at those settings it came out a little slow (machine pre-infusion rather than manual, I'm getting lazy) but was still very nice. The volumetric doser on mine isn't that accurate, as I usually weigh anyway and either add a few beans from the hopper, or take a bit out until right. It does get pretty close though when set up.

Oh, and you needn't worry too much about popcorning on the EK, the auger takes care of that. They can blow a little dust around though from the chute.
    Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche
    Output:
    KVdW Speedster
    + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MildredM View Post
    Not sure how I missed this thread. I am starting to see how beautiful the EK can be
    Are you saying there’s room for an eeek at your home?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MildredM View Post
    Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche
    Output:
    KVdW Speedster
    + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Default Mahlkonig EK43S. Funnel use instead of hopper

Well, I had a blind tumbler knock off for few weeks. I bought it to feed my curiosity monster and a tenner wasn’t a bad price to pay. It didn’t work for me as a portafilter funnel at all, but I saw someone mention that it fits in the ek43 collar.

It was a loose fit with a bit of annoying rattling. I wrapped some self amalgamating tape around to provide a snugger fit. It doesn’t come in contact with beans, so I don’t need to worry about food safety, methinks. I might come up with a better option in the long term.

A joy to use! Should have went for a black one, though.

North of central UK--Within easy reach of York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PPapa View Post
    Well, I had a blind tumbler knock off for few weeks. I bought it to feed my curiosity monster and a tenner wasn’t a bad price to pay. It didn’t work for me as a portafilter funnel at all, but I saw someone mention that it fits in the ek43 collar.

It was a loose fit with a bit of annoying rattling. I wrapped some self amalgamating tape around to provide a snugger fit. It doesn’t come in contact with beans, so I don’t need to worry about food safety, methinks. I might come up with a better option in the long term.

A joy to use! Should have went for a black one, though.
    So what is the ID and OD ?. May be able to help with a simple solution.

Jon.
    One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xpresso View Post
    So what is the ID and OD ?. May be able to help with a simple solution.

Jon.
    I’m alright, thanks Jon! I’ve been using it for few days now and it’s been a joy.

I can only imagine it would be very tricky to get the diameter exactly right since the table suffers from vibrations when the grinder is turned on. It wasn’t an issue with Niche or Ceado E37s, both of which have more sensible motors for home use!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

The Aeropress cap isn't a snug fit for EK43 S but fits with some help (dish cloth!).. The magnets have been added by my wife, of course.

Last edited by the_partisan; 08-01-19 at 06:06.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345