CoffeeHit
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mahlkonig EK43S. Funnel use instead of hopper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Feel like I need to contribute to this thread as I actually have a custom designed solution working, similar to the artisan one got it off evil bay, see pic of it
    20180808_183654~2.jpg
    EK43 Hopper - 2.jpg
    Last edited by sharkroman; 05-09-18 at 09:20.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkroman View Post
    Feel like I need to contribute to this thread as I actually have a custom designed solution working, similar to the artisan one got it off evil bay, see pic of it
    20180808_183654~2.jpg
    EK43 Hopper - 2.jpg
    Where did you get that hopper .. and for how much ?

Evil bay doesnt ring any bells here

Sendt fra min SM-N950F med Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A) Sharkroman this is a very interesting hopper but still needs a cap in order to be in the safe side.
    B) Does your coffee collector fit exactly (+-1mm) in your portafilter, so you can transfer your grinded coffee by just turning it upside down?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hey
    Not sure if the forum allows posting links to external sites, but if you search EK43 small hopper on ebay it should be the first item
    Quite costly but quality is top-notch, very heavy comparing to the stock plastic hopper.
    A)In terms of safety (without lid), if you can see the video/gif I posted, You will notice it has a spring-loaded gate in the hopper that's operated by the wood handle, so perfect for weight-dose routine for single O in a cafe or at home.
    B)I use a copper catch up and transfer via a cheap plastic funnel to the portafilter, but if your budget allows, I heard the Decent Espresso Funnel is pretty well made (WBC 2018 Champion used them in her routine with EK43)

Last edited by sharkroman; 05-09-18 at 09:20.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkroman View Post
    hey
    Not sure if the forum allows posting links to external sites, but if you search EK43 small hopper on ebay it should be the first item
    Quite costly but quality is top-notch, very heavy comparing to the stock plastic hopper.
    A)In terms of safety (without lid), if you can see the video/gif I posted, You will notice it has a spring-loaded gate in the hopper that's operated by the wood handle, so perfect for weight-dose routine for single O in a cafe or at home.
    B)I use a copper catch up and transfer via a cheap plastic funnel to the portafilter, but if your budget allows, I heard the Decent Espresso Funnel is pretty well made (WBC 2018 Champion used them in her routine with EK43)

Must be heavy, postage is through the roof

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oxholm View Post
    Must be heavy, postage is through the roof

I notice that quite a bit with international postage on ebay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

For single dosing this "small hopper" although being heavy, looks reliable and its aesthetically accepted. But is it really necessary for use in home? Any comment from a user will be appreciated.
    Personally I like very much till now, the wood cover that Arrelim is using and his PF funnel in case it can't be avoided (see p.25).
    But comparing the importance for using a hopper or the right coffee collector the latter in my opinion is more necessary for the home user. First it should be metallic to avoid static and spraying water. Also, it must have certain dimensions in order to have enough space (90-100ml) to "keep inside" the grinded coffee, and with an ideal top diameter that fits into the portafilter without using a Decent Espresso Funnel or other similar products. Finally we must make our life easier...
    Last edited by gherop; 06-09-18 at 04:42.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My new configuration based on allerim p.25 ideas.
    15436598509490.jpg

15436599608701.jpg