The Coffee Bean Van And Roaster

Thread: Handpresso - thoughts

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Handpresso - thoughts

I notice a lot of people seem to use pour over devices or aeropresso when out and about.

just wondering what people’s take was on the handpresso or nanopresso type devices.

Obviously thinking as a portable device and not for use at home

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dpow79 View Post
    I notice a lot of people seem to use pour over devices or aeropresso when out and about.

just wondering what people’s take was on the handpresso or nanopresso type devices.

Obviously thinking as a portable device and not for use at home
    Never had a handpresso.

I had a minipresso briefly and I didnt get on with it. Finicky and it broke quite quickly. At the end I returned the item back and asked for a refund.

From what I read, the handpresso makes a good coffee with the intense filter, which is an optional item.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I've had a handpresso since they first came out. They are good and make a pretty decent cup of coffee. You do need the intense portafilter (as noted) and also a half-decent tamper (I had one made to measure by Reg Barber in Canada for mine).

I alternate between the Handpresso and Aeropress for my very frequent business trips!
    An espresso machine and a grinder - who wants to read a whole list?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does the intense portafilter make a difference for ground coffee? in some video reviews it said was really useful for ESE pods. I am just trying to choose an appropriate device for use when camping this summer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dpow79 View Post
    Does the intense portafilter make a difference for ground coffee? in some video reviews it said was really useful for ESE pods. I am just trying to choose an appropriate device for use when camping this summer.
    I believe it does. I do not use pods, only home roasted (dark) coffee. I think that the taste is much stronger (intense even) than with the standard portafilter. It is a much slower pour so the water has more chance to extract a better flavour.
    An espresso machine and a grinder - who wants to read a whole list?