Rave Coffee Roasters

Thread: Apply lubricating grease when changing gasket?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Apply lubricating grease when changing gasket?

As per the heading really? I've included some food grade lubricating grease in my order, but is it really needed? Only 1 out of the 10 videos I've watched bothered with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by egon View Post
    As per the heading really? I've included some food grade lubricating grease in my order, but is it really needed? Only 1 out of the 10 videos I've watched bothered with it.
    I never bother with it.
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: Just loads of stuff I forget I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

If you do, use just a very tiny amount, light film on your fingers.
    The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.
    MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feldgrind, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Makes it easier to remove the next time.....