Tea and Coffee World Cup

Thread: Spreading The Lurve

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Smile Spreading The Lurve

Hey folks,
    Am really loving being back in the coffee game again. My wife and I have started entertaining our friends and neighbours with the promise of coffee and cake. She is making some beautiful chocolate, ginger and madeira cakes while I am concentrating on the coffee.
    One thing I could do with finding out the answer to is tweaking the ratio to get a slightly stronger cup without it being too bitter. More ground coffee into the basket and more liquid out over a slightly longer brew time? I know it is all about experimenting and what tastes nice. When my wife and her friend have their regular Tuesday evening get together it is down to me to be the barista for the evening. They both have cappuccino, but they could do with being a squeak stronger. Obviously the milk weakens it a little, so I was looking to counteract it by making the espresso a bit stronger. I currently follow the standard ratio at the mo. 16g in 25g out over 25 seconds. Maybe I need to up it 1g at a time until I get to where it is ok?
    Any advice would be most welcome.
    MALC
    GAGGIA CLASSIC WITH OPV MOD & SILVIA STEAM WAND. EUREKA MIGNON GRINDER (GLOSS BLACK)
    GAGGIA NAKED PORTAFILTER (WITH DOUBLE & TRIPLE BASKETS). VST 15g, 18g BASKETS
    ESPRO 58MM CALIBRATED TAMPER. ESPRO TOROID 12oz PITCHER....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Spreading The Lurve

Quote Originally Posted by m4lcs67 View Post
    Hey folks,
    Am really loving being back in the coffee game again. My wife and I have started entertaining our friends and neighbours with the promise of coffee and cake. She is making some beautiful chocolate, ginger and madeira cakes while I am concentrating on the coffee.
    One thing I could do with finding out the answer to is tweaking the ratio to get a slightly stronger cup without it being too bitter. More ground coffee into the basket and more liquid out over a slightly longer brew time? I know it is all about experimenting and what tastes nice. When my wife and her friend have their regular Tuesday evening get together it is down to me to be the barista for the evening. They both have cappuccino, but they could do with being a squeak stronger. Obviously the milk weakens it a little, so I was looking to counteract it by making the espresso a bit stronger. I currently follow the standard ratio at the mo. 16g in 25g out over 25 seconds. Maybe I need to up it 1g at a time until I get to where it is ok?
    Any advice would be most welcome.
    Just try a little more out - you’re way under 2:1 there. I’m constantly surprised how little espresso is needed to change the strength of a latte, even a gram or two is quite noticeable (varies with beans, obviously). Just try 27-28 out maybe?

Oh... I like ginger cake
    Sage DTP | Santos #4

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i think it vary on the beans,tr to find the beans that has roasted a bit darker to achiveed the right taste for a cappuccino.