Coffee Omega Rocket

Thread: Wonky Pump?...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Wonky Pump?...

I have a new to me used Classic that is 6 months old and in like new condition... One of the first thing I did was pop the top off and take a look inside... One thing I noticed was the pump was tilted over towards the boiler to where it was touching other electric leads?... I would assume the pump should be fully erect and not touch anything to avoid transmission of vibration?... I unscrewed the pump assembly from the base and took a look at the black accordion rubber gasket - It looked fine and was seated in the metal base but once reinstalled it plopped right back against the boiler... So I temporarily put a zip tie thought the back vent ang leashed the pump into an upright position.... But I would like to know if this has been an assembly problem and how to fix? Thanks
    Last edited by ChiangMaiKevin; 17-05-18 at 12:25.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Zip tie works... and your not looking at it all day so leave it? Or when you have it apart again give the metal plate that is slid into the rubber a twist... probably clock wise? it should change the position you can turn the top part of the pump to change the angle of the water pipe as well... but as I said zip tie will do the job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

As above zip tie works and leaning pump is not uncommon .Do not pull tie too tight pump should be free to move.