Coffee Sensor

Thread: Delonghi portafilter alternatives

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question Delonghi portafilter alternatives

Since buying a Delonghi Scultura two months ago I have succumbed to the coffee bug in a new way. I have since upgraded my grinder to a Sage Smart grinder and replaces the basket with an unpressurized basket.

The problem is the basket doesn't quite fit so often ends up either in the bin or occasionally stuck to the machine. Of lesser concern the filter also has three holes in the bottom now as I had to remove a screw to fit the new basket in, which means having two sueperate shots isn't possible.

I was wondering if there are any portafilters compatible with Delonghi machines other than the official one. I'm far too tight to replace a new coffee machine (although it is bound to happen at some point.) I've searched the internet but can't seem to find any that work.

Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Commenting because I’d also like to know if there are any!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)

I don’t think there is unfortunately. When I had my delonghi I searched high and low for a naked one. I ended up making one, although it wasn’t pretty it did the job.
    Home - Nuova Simonelli Oscar (modified), Compak e8, IMS shower screen, IMS double basket, skateboard torr, Hauck tamper, MildredM towels 😊

Work rig - Aergrind, aeropress (rip latte locker) Camping stove

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I've searched all over the internet, and come to much the same conclusion... Starting to accept I may just have to upgrade!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That was what I suspected but was hoping someone had heard of one!

To be honest it's not too bad and the quality of the coffee is pretty good given the price of the machine. I'll probably stick with it until the panarello wand annoys me too much!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)

I was able to fit a rancillio v1/2 to my delonghi machine so that may be an option for you
    Home - Nuova Simonelli Oscar (modified), Compak e8, IMS shower screen, IMS double basket, skateboard torr, Hauck tamper, MildredM towels 😊

Work rig - Aergrind, aeropress (rip latte locker) Camping stove

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Is the basket sitting proud of the portafilter? When I had a Delonghi I seem to remember sourcing a basket that nearly fitted and then bashing the edges down and so that it folded over onto the portafilter and therefore was a better fit. It was really snug but never stuck in the machine or fell out! I ended up upgrading in the end though!!
    Sage DB, Mazzer Major, Mazzer Mini Doser (decaf), Orphan Espresso Lido 2 hand grinder (chemex)