1920 Caffe UK
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: Headquarters bunker upgrade - what the hell have I started!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thesmileyone View Post
    Acquaintance of mine was looking at buying this for mining crypto...'till he realised that condensation is a huge issue
    Now that’s the way to do it!!!
    Home - Nuova Simonelli Oscar (modified), Compak e8, IMS shower screen, IMS double basket, skateboard torr, Hauck tamper, MildredM towels 😊

Work rig - Aergrind, aeropress (rip latte locker) Camping stove

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joey24dirt View Post
    Now that’s the way to do it!!!
    There's a place near me that does tours. Keep meaning to go when other peoples children are at school (I imagine screaming in a deep bunker would be a novelty for them and a massive pain for me) but I never get round to it.

https://hackgreen.co.uk/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)

Just keep chipping away at it!! Bench is maybe 2” higher than I would like. So I either get used to it, or make a platform to stand on. Most likely a platform

Home - Nuova Simonelli Oscar (modified), Compak e8, IMS shower screen, IMS double basket, skateboard torr, Hauck tamper, MildredM towels 😊

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

You could make a nice one out of old skateboards... (Maybe without the wheels though; that bandsaw doesn't look like it takes PoWs)

___
    Eat, drink and be merry
    Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hotmetal View Post
    You could make a nice one out of old skateboards... (Maybe without the wheels though; that bandsaw doesn't look like it takes PoWs)

___
    Eat, drink and be merry
    Haha yes. At least there’s no chance of me catching my hair in it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)

Nearly there!!!!!

For such a small space it’s looking like it going to be perfect. Got some nice little storage cubby holes for the big tools. My table saw is neatly tucked under the far right bench, and I will do the same for mitre saw when I get it back from my mate.

The dust collection works great too saving me a lot of time cleaning up. Happy happy happy

I’m now off to reopen my rodent infestation thread again as the little feckers are back lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Amazing man cave! At the risk of sounding like a broken record, get some hot chilli sauce round wherever they're likely to be getting in. It'll probably be the last time you'll see them.

___
    Eat, drink and be merry
    Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hotmetal View Post
    Amazing man cave! At the risk of sounding like a broken record, get some hot chilli sauce round wherever they're likely to be getting in. It'll probably be the last time you'll see them.

___
    Eat, drink and be merry
    They aren’t in here but up at the house. I did that yes! Which seemed to work for a time. Where I suspect they have been in though I’ve tore into the space to disturb the area and spook them. The real culprit is Nextdoor but one, the abandoned house. The neighbours who actually join into the house have said they see rats in there all the time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Well hello there!!
    Looks like super cosy to me
    Looks like the place to be when there's vermin upstairs...

Seriously though, congrats mate!! You've just run out of excuses

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" ' @jimbojohn55

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hasi View Post
    Well hello there!!
    Looks like super cosy to me
    Looks like the place to be when there's vermin upstairs...

Seriously though, congrats mate!! You've just run out of excuses

Haha well I’ve got two poorly kids right now so there’s a couple more