Espazzola
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Lelit Bianca

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@DavecUK I noticed in your profile that you have the Izzo Duetto, along with the Bianca prototype. How would you compare these two machines? The Duetto seems like a solid machine (been around for a while, multiple revisions, various improvements over time, etc) while the Bianca seems high quality but perhaps unrefined. Would you recommend one over the other to someone upgrading from a BDB?
    Drinking coffee since 1972

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rho View Post
    @DavecUK I noticed in your profile that you have the Izzo Duetto, along with the Bianca prototype. How would you compare these two machines? The Duetto seems like a solid machine (been around for a while, multiple revisions, various improvements over time, etc) while the Bianca seems high quality but perhaps unrefined. Would you recommend one over the other to someone upgrading from a BDB?
    It's tricky I of course own both machines, I got the Bianca to add to my collection of dual boilers, mainly because it's unusual and quite pretty. From a raw engineering standpoint, the Vesuvius is really built, thick high quality stainless, lots of space inside, gear pump that gives control over pressure and is repeatable.

The Bianca, more delicate, undeniably pretty, some clever features...able to do a very low flow preinfusion shot like a slayer, that the Vesuvius can't quite match, although it comes close. However what the V can do with pressure on a repeatable basis is astounding. For me the V is my daily driver, but it's whatever floats your boat really. Even with the forum deals from time to time, depending on PTFE or Sainless Steel pipework becomes £300 to £500 more than a Bianca. Both machines come with a lot of standard equipment....you have to decide what fits your lifestyle best. I don't think I can advise you easily. They will both be fantastic machines....you will own either happily for decades?

Oops just noticed you said Duetto....yah I own one of those as well because I sort of designed it....Bianca definitely over the Duetto, not even a contest!
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: Just loads of stuff I forget I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For Lelit Bianca owners and anyone else so interested, there are some developing threads on Home Barista that I've found useful and interesting:

https://www.home-barista.com/reviews...ew-t54489.html

https://www.home-barista.com/espress...ce-t54490.html

We've had the Bianca available a few weeks longer in UK, than customers in the U.S. , So DaveC has shared some data from his pre-launch work (and ownership) and so have I. As a new user with 300+ Bianca shots in place that hardly makes me expert, but other responders on the threads are open minded (generally!) and offer good responses.

If you're interested in profiling and espresso machine engineering, this thread is a lot of fun and I read it for some months (it takes a while) before buying a Bianca:

https://www.home-barista.com/espress...ng-t49539.html
    - might be good to start at the end and work backwards....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm close to taking the plunge on one of these. I'd assumed I'd be looking to BB for the purchase, but noticed that Lelit sell direct for £1600. Obviously I want a proper warranty and ease if it comes to needing anything fixed, so would that price mean that isn't offered if one were to purchase direct from Lelit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

It's actually sold by Espresso Underground rather than direct from Lelit. You can email Peter on [email protected] - he is fairly responsive.

Bella Barista have an absolutely stellar reputation and fantastic after sales support, but it's quite a bit more expensive and Espresso Underground have a good rep themselves, although I dont think they have supplied a lot of machines to the con/prosumer market.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

As above, I bought mine from BB and the service was fantastic, first machine I wasn't happy with and they sent another out the next day. I was surprised they did that, many other companies wouldn't of.
    Lelit Bianca PL162T / SGP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yep, I'm well aware of how good BB's reputation is. However, the price difference isn't insignificant, so was hoping someone had experience of purchasing via Espresso Underground.

I think I'll drop them a line and see what they say re warranty and after sales.