Bella Barista
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Lelit Bianca

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I think there must several of us in the same situation. I have a Bianca "put aside" for me with BellaBarista so the choice may have been made for me. Just need to sell the Sage, seems like a quiet market at the moment for them second hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I enjoy my Bianca very much. However, there is one thing that worries me a little. Every time a solonoid valve switches on there is a rather violent metal noise from the switch clicking on and of. Even the whole machine shudders a little. My old Vivaldi valves made noises, but much less. Also I find the machine not very silent at all. Pump noise and I think some resonance.
    Are other users having similar experiences?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Maybe I should add that I have my Bianca plumbed. With pressure reduced to 3 bar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE]I enjoy my Bianca very much. However, there is one thing that worries me a little. Every time a solonoid valve switches on there is a rather violent metal noise from the switch clicking on and of. Even the whole machine shudders a little. My old Vivaldi valves made noises, but much less. Also I find the machine not very silent at all. Pump noise and I think some resonance.
    Are other users having similar experiences?[/QUOTE

Mine is quieter than other machines that I've worked around. The pump and boilers are rubber damped and the wooden feet have rubber seating rings, which all helps. It's not plumbed in, so there's no associated "water hammer" as the solenoids open up on start.
    I can sometimes hear a thump from the machine when the WEMO brings it on first thing in the morning. This would undoubtedly be louder if it was 3 bar hitting the pipework. On H.B. I see that Jim Schulman who is doing a long term Bianca review rates it as a quiet, smooth machine, but I'm not aware of how his Bianca is plumbed.
    If Dave C picks up on this, he has more machine experience than most, in order to judge its relative noisiness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I reduced the inlet pressure to 2 bar. This reduced the “water hammer” somewhat. Pump noise remains the same. Maybe, I should try out the machine in tankfeed operation to see if the noisy operation has to do with plumbing it in...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo View Post
    I reduced the inlet pressure to 2 bar. This reduced the “water hammer” somewhat. Pump noise remains the same. Maybe, I should try out the machine in tankfeed operation to see if the noisy operation has to do with plumbing it in...
    That's a good idea. At least you are starting from a standard machine "experience" then and it certainly shouldn't be much louder than your old Vivaldi.

Is it sitting on a solid surface that's not prone to movement or sympathetic vibration? - I guess if it is the same place as your last machine that should be covered. Also you could verify maximum pump pressure during brewing or when the blind basket is in place - should be around 10-10.5 bar. maximum. This is easy to adjust if needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Problem solved. Only I don’t exactly know how or why. I disconnected the plumbing, I opened the casing and checked for lose connections or items touching, nothing obvious to be seen. Rebuilded everything. Surprise... no loud solenoid anymore and a softy whirring pump. Happy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hi! New and happy Bianca owner here. One thing (of many) I am wondering about is what the rest of you decided to do with the baskets that come with it. Did you stick with them or did you go down the VST route? For those who did: was there a significant difference?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Problem solved. Only I don’t exactly know how or why. I disconnected the plumbing, I opened the casing and checked for lose connections or items touching, nothing obvious to be seen. Rebuilded everything. Surprise... no loud solenoid anymore and a softy whirring pump. Happy!
    Thanks for sharing that, I am tempted to do the same, as i think a simple disassemble and careful reassemble would improve thr quietness of my Bianca also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good news! Thats a classic result from disconnecting and reinstalling plumbing, if you have a partial airlock. Sounds like you have bled out or removed the airlock in the process. Your final comment also confirms that they are a quiet machine, as reviewed and that's certainly been my experience.