Rave Coffee Roasters
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Thread: Lelit Bianca

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)

@ChrisBy what exactly was your protocol.
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Let it heat up with portafilter in place for 45 minutes or so. Start at 99 deg C, then work upwards in 1 deg steps until 104 deg C with 20 minutes per step to stabilize.

I’ve created a YouTube account and have tried to put together a video to show the results. Please be aware that a) the video is showing the steps backwards 104 down to 99 (never tried editing video before and messed it up) and b) I might be misinterpreting everything.

Hope this works, am looking forward to your comments.

https://youtu.be/IZAsIHVnEJs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)

I'm not sure I watched on my phone and it still looked to be boiling off at 99. The method I gave that you used is a rough and ready method. I actually measured brew temps from 91 to 97 on the prototype. I still have it as I bought it. I will review video again on the TV, perhaps they changed something in production.

It's also quite possible the brew temps are OK with the offset I recommend when in the correct range 91 to 97. It's harder and harder for the same offset as the temperature is increased.

If you and the other guy came from an HX you might have been very used to extractions at higher temperatures than you think?

Either way if an offset of 13 or 14 is doing it for you stick with it.
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Today after 40 minutes on and a 3 seconds shot ....
    Ec=13

https://youtu.be/d6esjAUjlv4

Many shots later, the temperature finally increases

Ec=13

https://youtu.be/otpcUMibXOI

Enviado desde mi CLT-L29 mediante Tapatalk
    Last edited by matomoto; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:51.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)

You need to be a little more informative.

What was the temperature you set.
    What was the paddle position
    What was the flow rate
    What were you using to measure the temperature

Otherwise i just see two temperature readouts and a towel?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavecUK View Post
    You need to be a little more informative.

What was the temperature you set.
    What was the paddle position
    What was the flow rate
    What were you using to measure the temperature

Otherwise i just see two temperature readouts and a towel?
    Sorry dave

The temperature is 94 degrees with ec = 13

The paddle position is almost all open

Flow rate without filter 75 g 10seg aprox

For measure temperature use k type themocouple in a blind filter with a small hole with a small base emulating the coffee pill

The towel... Pressurized water goes a little crazy jajaja Excuse me if I'm a little sloppy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matomoto View Post
    Sorry dave

The temperature is 94 degrees with ec = 13

The paddle position is almost all open

Flow rate without filter 75 g 10seg aprox

For measure temperature use k type themocouple in a blind filter with a small hole with a small base emulating the coffee pill

The towel... Pressurized water goes a little crazy jajaja Excuse me if I'm a little sloppy

Your equipment is different to mine, I use a simulated coffee puck with the same sort of flow, so no large initial water dead space as with an empty portafilter. I can't imagine I am 3C out and really (if you think about it) if there is a measurement error, the error would be a low error, not a high error. However it would appear that I am measuring a higher temperature than you for the same offset, which is unlikely unless they changed something about the later production machines thermosyphon...which i doubt why would they..I also doubt it because the temperature checks I repeated on a production machine? Or perhaps they found a temperature offset or display programming bug and told no one. I did the whole series of temperature checks twice during testing because 10 was low for an offset, but it did have a large top thermosyphon pipe. I was even tempted to suggest 11 on the PID to err on the safe side, but didn't because it was fine.

Like I say though, if it's working for you, keep using it. I built my testing devices about 15 years ago, before the scace 1 or 2 was a concept and I always used a simulated coffee puck and I have replaced my thermocouples a few times over the years, just in case. it's also worked correctly on every other machine I have ever tested and the V recommended offset is from using it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I know that the device can improve a lot, with time I will try to do something better. What seems obvious is that the thermosyphon does not work properly.
    I have removed the top cover of bianca and I have not seen water filtration or dry residue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matomoto View Post
    I know that the device can improve a lot, with time I will try to do something better. What seems obvious is that the thermosyphon does not work properly.
    I have removed the top cover of bianca and I have not seen water filtration or dry residue

Can't be sure about that either...perhaps my measurements are wrong, perhaps they changed something. I've been wrong before...not often, but it happens. Essentially the display is just a number, it's all about being able to increase and decrease temperature to the taste you like for the particular coffee. The offset only throws things off and starts giving a non linear response when it's much much higher than it should be. So I would just say don't worry about it...unless your getting very long delays between starting the pump and water coming from an open group...which might show brew boiler level dropping over time... (for a mostly full valve opening of course).

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132