Bella Barista
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Lelit Bianca

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBy View Post
    Hi! New and happy Bianca owner here. One thing (of many) I am wondering about is what the rest of you decided to do with the baskets that come with it. Did you stick with them or did you go down the VST route? For those who did: was there a significant difference?
    I did some research on replacing the Lelit baskets, but after coming close to buying the set of Decent Espresso baskets, I was dissuaded by all the test work on baskets that Jim Shulman did, over on H-B. Summing up, unless you are particularly dedicated to light roasts only, you end up spending a large sum on three baskets and have to regularly swap them when changing to medium or dark roasts, when in fact the standard basket is a very good compromise. If you are dedicated largely to light roasts, then it could be a good swap. But they don't extract well outside of a narrow range of roast.
    BTW, if you haven't read them already, his review of Bianca and the user experience thread on H-B re very useful.
    I'll be interested to read about your experience with replacement baskets, if you go ahead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks a lot, Graham! I had read some of the posts on HB, but not all. Shall rectify that when I have the time and stay off the basket purchases in the mean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

These look to be selling like hotcakes at Bella Barista, they had 9 last week now they are down to only 2!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

It's a good value
    The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.
    MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feldgrind, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Teejay View Post
    These look to be selling like hotcakes at Bella Barista, they had 9 last week now they are down to only 2!

I am guilty for that, bought Bianca from Bella Barista Wednesday, very impressed with the machine it is a thing of beauty. Claudette was very helpful and showed me how to play with the machine.
    ​Lelit Bianca, Eureka Mignion, IMS Competizione, Hario scales, Motta knock box,Torr Tamper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)

It's a very nice machine.
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavecUK View Post
    It's a very nice machine.
    I want to say big thank to you Dave as I firs came across Bianca and Lelit thanks to your review and your experience with the machine. I am very happy with it and it is such a great value for money..
    We spoke with Claudette about the machine and I mentioned my interest for Lelit thanks to you and the forum. Claudette hold very high regards for you as well
    ​Lelit Bianca, Eureka Mignion, IMS Competizione, Hario scales, Motta knock box,Torr Tamper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kmkuk View Post
    I want to say big thank to you Dave as I firs came across Bianca and Lelit thanks to your review and your experience with the machine. I am very happy with it and it is such a great value for money..
    I think if the reviews get people asking the right questions, even if they don't buy the machine, it's a good thing. Sometimes my independent work with other companies does strain relations, but that's the nature of being independent and not an employee... It's also part of my value in a way.
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/