Tea and Coffee World Cup

Thread: What countries produces the best beans?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default What countries produces the best beans?

Hi I'm interested to find out the coffee lovers general country they prefer so I can add them onto my websites collection, so far I have found 3 which I love, Colombian, Costa Rican and Peruvian.
    I'm interested in purchasing maybe some green Kenyan peaberry, has anyone tryed it? Maybe even recommend any others?
    I know there are so many different beans and regions but I'm just looking for a positive direction to go towards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

The best exercise I can think of is to go to the Coffee Review site and look at their top rated coffees. Link here:

http://www.coffeereview.com/highest-rated-coffees/

Kenya, Ethiopia and Panama get a lot of mentions.

How do you normally drink your coffee - espresso, with milk or what?
    Last edited by les24preludes; 16-04-18 at 11:38.
    Gaggia Classic, Gaggia Baby 2005, Mazzer Major, Motta 58.4mm tamper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeanscoffee View Post
    Hi I'm interested to find out the coffee lovers general country they prefer so I can add them onto my websites collection, so far I have found 3 which I love, Colombian, Costa Rican and Peruvian.
    I'm interested in purchasing maybe some green Kenyan peaberry, has anyone tryed it? Maybe even recommend any others?
    I know there are so many different beans and regions but I'm just looking for a positive direction to go towards

A really good next step for you would be some African coffee, particularly something that has flavours away from your current range's tasting notes and expands your options.

A Rwandan Red Bourbon for example could really be a gem in your range.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Redemption,
    I sent you a PM several weeks ago acting as an unpaid introducer to people that import personally (airfreight) from Ethiopia. They were looking for a contract roaster and would have also supplied additional GR1 and Gr2 Yirga Cheffe. It may have come to nothing, but I immediately thought of you and your project as being ideal candidates as a customer and contract roaster. And the coffee is very good and competitively priced.

I also mailed you via your website.

Replies there were none.

The importer is now looking at roasting in Ethiopia and then importing. There has to be a case, because they will not suffer the loss of importing the roasting loss.

Recomendations...
    The new crop of Kenyan coffees will be here in the next few weeks....
    Etheopians are always great as well....
    And at a different angle, as I pound the keyboard, I am enjoying a Papua New Guinea (new crop) from https://www.smallbatchroasting.co.uk...korofeigu-coop
    which I think is really rather special.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I do love the idea of an African bean next, Rwanda sounds delicious! I will see if I can get some and do some tests.
    thanks for your order btw, I will have them roasted and sent to you today! and would love to know your honest feedback on them.
    Mr Beans Coffee uk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Sage Duo Temp Pro ++ Sage Smart Grinder Pro ++ Aeropress ++ V60
    http://www.bhxcoffee.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by filthynines View Post
    Leave em alone man.... If they don't wanna chat to the guy so what.
    #Beans not machines- all welcome - where we taste and swap beans
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/503036363197361/
    I wrote a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...
    https://rjwinc.wordpress.com
    Instagram
    rjw_inc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeanscoffee View Post
    I do love the idea of an African bean next, Rwanda sounds delicious! I will see if I can get some and do some tests.
    thanks for your order btw, I will have them roasted and sent to you today! and would love to know your honest feedback on them.
    Mr Beans Coffee uk

Ah no worries! I'm looking forward to it! We get quite into testing other roasters coffee out and I can PM you the results from it if you like?

Quote Originally Posted by Batian View Post
    Redemption,
    I sent you a PM several weeks ago acting as an unpaid introducer to people that import personally (airfreight) from Ethiopia. They were looking for a contract roaster and would have also supplied additional GR1 and Gr2 Yirga Cheffe. It may have come to nothing, but I immediately thought of you and your project as being ideal candidates as a customer and contract roaster. And the coffee is very good and competitively priced.

I also mailed you via your website.

Replies there were none.

The importer is now looking at roasting in Ethiopia and then importing. There has to be a case, because they will not suffer the loss of importing the roasting loss.

Recomendations...
    The new crop of Kenyan coffees will be here in the next few weeks....
    Etheopians are always great as well....
    And at a different angle, as I pound the keyboard, I am enjoying a Papua New Guinea (new crop) from https://www.smallbatchroasting.co.uk...korofeigu-coop
    which I think is really rather special.

Apologies, I actually didn't even see the message. I also am mostly at the roastery (in the prison) and have the office team screen most emails to me, especially regarding selling green beans as I do get endless stream of people approaching me. I'm glad you prompted me, feel bad derailing this thread for this though. I'll reply via PM now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrboots2u View Post
    Leave em alone man.... If they don't wanna chat to the guy so what.
    Had genuinely just missed the message but appreciate the sentiment. To keep things on topic, @Mrbeanscoffee, selling green is one of the main things people get in touch about and it's important to have proper channels in your business to prevent you getting swamped. One of the tricky balances in running your own business is to not become a consumer rather than a producer, but still keeping your eyes open for truly interesting opportunities.