CoffeeHit
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog and Hat Founder Member Deal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    I'm pleased I haven't signed up. I'd be worried about being outed as a tastebudless northerner with no discernment! Are there cupping instructions too? (And what if they both turn out to be £1.50 Tesco value beans?!?)
    Then were in for significant savings (and if that doesn't please a northerner nothing will!)

No cupping instructions, I was just googling (even a word??) that
    Lelit Mara PL62 / HG-1 / Eazytamp / sweetcorn skewer / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Great, the boxes are starting to arrive! trusting Royal mail over any other delivery method is still daunting for us!! - No we didn't send cupping notes, this is entirely up to you how you work it out. Have fun :-) Su

If you need a good overview of cupping, here is one from the Hasbean site, it does provide the method, and can provide guidance.

https://www.hasbean.co.uk/blogs/arti...c-introduction
    Last edited by DogandHat; 24-11-17 at 01:37.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    570 Post(s)

Mine has arrived and it looks fab!

The tasting notes sound great on both bags.

And this is such a good idea. I love a challenge!

Thanks Su and co!!
    L-R / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Customised Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer tool / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 340ml pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Square Mile / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guinea pigs / a dog / a very lovely husband / and a large array of coffee towels!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)

I've had an idea - I'll try to do a Facebook live cupping on Weds 27th November at 7pm UK time. It's not really to guide people on the specifics of the flavours - as that's the competition anyway (plus I'm nowhere near as good at all that as I'd like) but I've done a few cuppings in my time and I'm willing to give it a go for a bit of fun. So if you want to cup them along with me (or any coffee really) or just watch and see what you think. Then, why not check out my facebook page (it's pretty basic so far) but I believe if you like the page and agree to follow, then it will notify you when I'm "going live". It should be 7pm next Weds anyway and you should reach it from that page if you don't want to like it.

Joe
    Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Just received my ox, really impressed with the presentation, can’t wait to get going!
    Sage DB | Ceado E37S | MBK 585 |

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaysuave View Post
    Just received my ox, really impressed with the presentation, can’t wait to get going!
    An ox is impressive to start with, what did they do to present it?
    Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

God damn it! :-)
    Sage DB | Ceado E37S | MBK 585 |

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    570 Post(s)

It’s a ugger when you drop your b's
    L-R / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Customised Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer tool / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 340ml pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Square Mile / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guinea pigs / a dog / a very lovely husband / and a large array of coffee towels!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaysuave View Post
    Got mine this morning............ just beans........ but I don't have any beef with that !
    Londinium - R, Monolith Conical, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Eight Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Mine arrived too, the postman was drooling (we're at the end of her round and the van increasingly smells of coffee - although these beans were well packaged) as were the two lads doing our front garden (one of them used to work for Costa until he had a cup of epiphany).

Thanks Su and the D&H team...

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast