Londinium Espresso
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: My ECM Synchronika journey

North of central UK--Within easy reach of York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Hello Wayne.

Its a good idea to list your equipment in your profile, it helps in respect of people giving advice and the like.

Is it a Sychronika that you have ?.

Jon.
    One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi Jon, Indeed it’s a Synchronika.
    ECM Synchronika Espresso Machine, Profitec Pro T64 Grinder, 30lb Espro Tamper, Brewista Scale.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WayneW View Post
    Hi Jon, Indeed it’s a Synchronika.
    Welcome to our world ... a tad belated but it'll soon be Christmas .

Jon.
    One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    The wife has just shattered my world.
    She has finally told me that she does not like the coffee I made her!
    Apparently it is too strong and she prefers the old machine. I think I need to pour a longer shot for her, as this was a 30ml espresso shot.
    I know exactly how you feel. Took me months to get it to the liking of my wife!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    It is just over a year since the machine was delivered.
    The wife still prefers my old machine, but that now lives at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexCoffee View Post
    I know exactly how you feel. Took me months to get it to the liking of my wife!
    Eventually I finally solved the discrepancy in our coffees, or should I say the consistency of Madams by using a pair of scales.

Depending how her taste buds are on any particular day I can adjust the next brew either way, its worked for us.

Incidentally I changed the double outlet socket with a one fitted with USB outputs to power the scales and the scales ideally slip under the machine perfectly.

Jon.
    Last edited by xpresso; 1 Week Ago at 12:47. Reason: more info

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great idea!

What was the discrepancy? Just different weights? How do you adjust it differently for your wife separately from your own?

Those scales look neat - what are they?
    ECM Elektronika, Grinder #1: Eureka Mignon Specialita 16CR, Grinder #2: Eureka Mignon Mk2, Decent tamper V2, Decent funnel, Decent portafilter stand, ECM tamping station, ECM Knockbox drawer, Decent milk jugs, Decent milk thermometer, Loveramics cups

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Morning Alex. the system works well for us as Madam does not like her coffee to strong.
    I have two of theses .......
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Bac...CV70Z4B9P3V2X2
    (Where's Ash when I need him)
    They really go under the name of 'Digital scale' and then many of the suppliers apply their name and charge what they think the market will stand or what profit they are content with.
    Like I said they slip under the machine very neatly, the difficulty I had was getting L/H out mini USB cables, I had to settle for white in the end and not the best of cable, so that search goes on.
    Our current 'Fix' is 22g in a 20g VST basket, double spout P.F. and when Madams cup reaches 12g @ 20 sec, I slide my cup and scale across to enjoy the rest at approx 45g @ 40 sec.
    It really helps the atmosphere and Marg is quite happy that any change in supposed strength are where her taste buds are subject to what she may have consumed earlier.
    She will comment if I change the beans and ask me to adjust either way which I find 2g <> works fine.

Jon.
    Last edited by xpresso; 3 Days Ago at 10:06. Reason: text

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xpresso View Post
    Morning Alex. the system works well for us as Madam does like her coffee to strong.
    I have two of theses .......
    (Where's Ash when I need him)
    They really go under the name of 'Digital scale' and then many of the suppliers apply their name and charge what they think the market will stand or what profit they are content with.
    Like I said they slip under the machine very neatly, the difficulty I had was getting L/H out mini USB cables, I had to settle for white in the end and not the best of cable, so that search goes on.
    Our current 'Fix' is 22g in a 20g VST basket, double spout P.F. and when Madams cup reaches 12g @ 20 sec, I slide my cup and scale across to enjoy the rest at approx 45g @ 40 sec.
    It really helps the atmosphere and Marg is quite happy that any change in supposed strength are where her taste buds are subject to what she may have consumed earlier.
    She will comment if I change the beans and ask me to adjust either way which I find 2g works fine.

Jon.
    You rang?
    Laissez les bons temps rouler

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashcroc View Post
    You rang?
    A message from Heaven to realise a gross error in my wording, or the omission of said ' Madam does like her coffee to strong' SHOULD READ ' Madam, (Marg) DOESN'T like her coffee to strong' ....... hence I can vary subject to feed back, between 8 - 12g for Marg's cup, as usual I get the dregs !!!.
    Thank You Ash for allowing me to put the record straight .... not till breakfast.

Jon.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567