perc it

Thread: Free broken Tebe or eBay classic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Free broken Tebe or eBay classic

I had been looking to buy an eBay classic and add a PID and upgraded steam valve.
    I've been offered a free broken Tebe. Will it take the same mods as a classic and would it be worth it or would I always be wishing I had a classic?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Take the tebe and keep an eye out for a classic, same internals so could do for parts for the classic. Or you might be able to fix up the tebe.
    What's the point...it'll only change soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's an agonising 5 week wait to get my hands on the Tebe but it's good to know that any money spent on parts will be transferable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

There are some obvious parts similarities, and a couple of less convenient ones, the main aspect being the vertical steam valve on the Tebe (with the classic having a horizontal valve).
    I have the Paros, which is a Tebe with grinder bolted on, and other than the steam valve (hard to get a spare) parts have been readily accessible, and most of the guides etc are very similar in terms of stripping down etc. The main difference I noticed in internal design is that the Paros (and I assume the Tebe) has an OPV attached to the pump rather than the grouphead).

If anything, it will be good experience to clean up, get working, maybe set the OPV to 10bar etc and see where that leads you.

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

5 weeks seemed like such a long way away and I've ended up agreeing to buy GCGlasgow's classic.