The Coffee Bean Van And Roaster
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving from silvia to db

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

No dripping on mine, nor constant burbling sound. Might be worth questioning it with the supplier and/or sage

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)

Didi matloba

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daren View Post
    Where too? Is it a forum member?
    It's in safe hands dear boy
    Didi matloba

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi, congratulations on your new Sage DB! I hope that you are enjoying making great coffees this machine delivers. I bough Sage DB 2 1/2 years ago, and first 1 1/2 years haven't had any problems as "steam wand and hot water pipe drip", or "drip into the drip tray" and "constant gurgle". I did have some problems (including the ones you are referring in your post) and it has been successfully fixed by Sage engineers. I'm not coffee machine expert, but comparing with my DB, I haven't had any of noises and issues you are experiencing from new. Where did you buy machine from? I would give them a ring, or even Sage customer service and ask for an advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abvilejn View Post
    Hi, congratulations on your new Sage DB! I hope that you are enjoying making great coffees this machine delivers. I bough Sage DB 2 1/2 years ago, and first 1 1/2 years haven't had any problems as "steam wand and hot water pipe drip", or "drip into the drip tray" and "constant gurgle". I did have some problems (including the ones you are referring in your post) and it has been successfully fixed by Sage engineers. I'm not coffee machine expert, but comparing with my DB, I haven't had any of noises and issues you are experiencing from new. Where did you buy machine from? I would give them a ring, or even Sage customer service and ask for an advice.
    Thanks its second hand here on the forum. Will get it checked out if I can go be sure it is ok. It's not stupid me making coffee and the coffee has been great.
    Rancilio Silvia / Sage Smart grinder - Love a flat white

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Tried it with 18g of coffee was a bit stronger obviously but seemed to be better timings which I still need to fiddle with. The pressure was better. When I used 17g it didn't quite make 9 bar. I am amazed at the new machine and the amount of Creme I'm getting could it be the pre infusion?

Managed to stream at the same time but don't think i stretched it quite enough it was very shiny and smooth but I struggled with the late art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Love flat white! This one you crafted looks, and I'm sure it taste amazing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Not had much chance to play but did two coffees today. I think I'm settling g st 17.5g of coffee is a bit stronger than the silvia that I got used too but tastes nice and smooth. I've managed to dial back the grinder too which I'm happy with on a fresh bag of beans. With the silvia I was finding I was always as far as i could go with the grinder.

I'm still getting used to how the sage steams I get one really good one and the next I got cappuccino milk. Do you guys when streaming put it on full steam straight away?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Had it serviced they found a leak which is all sorted now :-)

Quick question I've not had a pid before do you still count from when you press the button to work out ratios?