Kruve Inc.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Verona 10 months in

Over there, no a bit to the right, back a bit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Default Verona 10 months in

it's still amazing, not put a foot wrong.

I'm guessing because no-one ever posts in this forum that it's the same for everyone else?
    Last edited by Phobic; 15-06-17 at 08:00.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes, bit like the Carlsberg complaints office hopefully! Only criticism I can level at it is that short cavitation when lifting the lever but it's a superb machine in so many ways, I bought it for the details when moving from Duetto MK2 ( I could not justify a Vesuvius ).
    Quickmill Verona, Ceado E37s, Dalian Amazon & assorted greens, RO water
    (previous kit: Expobar Brewtus, Izzo Alex, Izzo Duetto, Pavoni, Macap MC4, Mazzer Mini E, iRoast, Hottop, Gene Cafe, Quest M3)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

@Phobic any update? I'm considering joining the club...
    Sage Duo Temp Pro and Mazzer Super Jolly (Doserless Mod) | Espresso Addict!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ATZ View Post
    @Phobic any update? I'm considering joining the club...
    Noooooo! Don't leave the DTP club! A worthy upgrade though if you were to betray us all!

Over there, no a bit to the right, back a bit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

it's still faultless for me, I'd researched it very well and still think all the detail and improvements that Dave insisted were spot on and what set it apart from the other machines in the same price bracket.

I'm not so sure you'd be able to taste much difference in the cup, but still think in terms of longevity the QM has the edge.

don't regret spending the cash at all.

only thing to consider for me still is the size, it's not a small machine....but there's bigger out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phobic View Post
    it's still faultless for me, I'd researched it very well and still think all the detail and improvements that Dave insisted were spot on and what set it apart from the other machines in the same price bracket.

I'm not so sure you'd be able to taste much difference in the cup, but still think in terms of longevity the QM has the edge.

don't regret spending the cash at all.

only thing to consider for me still is the size, it's not a small machine....but there's bigger out there.
    Thanks @Phobic

Dave's review has brought it on my radar for the reasons you state. I spoke to Bella Barista today and apparently they aren't doing anymore now either :sadface:

They have an ex demo unit at a great price but it's collection only but may be worth a punt to see in the flesh and have a play.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The Verona is being discontinued by Bellabarista? Wonder is it a supply issue or just not enough sold. That is the one I would plumb for especially after reading Dave's review but it was my favourite even before I became aware of that review.Looks really well made and just a tad understated which I prefer. The spec seems perfect.The ECM probably matches it but it is more expensive. The ex demo unit looks a good buy. How old is it? When I visited that machine seemed to be the go to one for demo's. I got my first tester coffee from it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tonerei View Post
    The Verona is being discontinued by Bellabarista? Wonder is it a supply issue or just not enough sold. That is the one I would plumb for especially after reading Dave's review but it was my favourite even before I became aware of that review.Looks really well made and just a tad understated which I prefer. The spec seems perfect.The ECM probably matches it but it is more expensive. The ex demo unit looks a good buy. How old is it? When I visited that machine seemed to be the go to one for demo's. I got my first tester coffee from it.
    @tonerei Claudette's words were she felt other manufacturers (like ECM) had caught up and over taken it AND were outselling it. She mentioned the ECM Synchronika and the Duetto IV.

I suppose when you're importing pallet loads of machines I guess how well something sells, regardless of how well it's designed, is an important business consideration. ROI and all that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ATZ View Post
    @tonerei Claudette's words were she felt other manufacturers (like ECM) had caught up and over taken it AND were outselling it. She mentioned the ECM Synchronika and the Duetto IV.

I suppose when you're importing pallet loads of machines I guess how well something sells, regardless of how well it's designed, is an important business consideration. ROI and all that.
    Really...wow, I don't think others have caught up. The drain taps alone are something I believe should be on every machine. Also most/All don't or rather didn't have proper independent dual loop PIDs. How many do now, I don't know, but I would suspect not many. It was also tested and verified as temperature stable and accurate by me with my recommended PID settings as well. That's a real shame. Still, you guys will keep buying those brand new Rocket Machines.

What this does underline though is "mmmm shiney" outclasses technical considerations almost every time.....one of the reason I am not so keen to review machines nowadays unless it's new or interesting in some way. No way am I going to waste my time reviewing when technicals, internals and mechanical design are being ignored.........I got better things to do than sales fluff.

Heres to hoping I didn't waste my time and energy on the Lelit Mara.
    Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB BTC Machines, Prototype machines Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: Just loads of stuff I forget I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavecUK View Post
    Really...wow, I don't think others have caught up. The drain taps alone are something I believe should be on every machine. Also most/All don't or rather didn't have proper independent dual loop PIDs. How many do now, I don't know, but I would suspect not many. It was also tested and verified as temperature stable and accurate by me with my recommended PID settings as well. That's a real shame. Still, you guys will keep buying those brand new Rocket Machines.

What this does underline though is "mmmm shiney" outclasses technical considerations almost every time.....one of the reason I am not so keen to review machines nowadays unless it's new or interesting in some way. No way am I going to waste my time reviewing when technicals, internals and mechanical design are being ignored.........I got better things to do than sales fluff.

Heres to hoping I didn't waste my time and energy on the Lelit Mara.
    @DavecUK have you any experience of the newer ECM machines or the newer Duetto and how they'd stack up with the Verona?