Horsham Coffee Roasters

Thread: Thinking of buying a used alex duetto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Thinking of buying a used alex duetto

Hi All, I bought a Rancillio silvia last year along with a rocky grinder. Have been using it regularly and enjoying the coffee, but I want to step up now, but without spending a fortune on a new machine. will also look out for a used Mazzer Mini Doserless.

Would you all recommend getting a used Alex Duetto? Maybe version II or III?

These machines have consistently good reviews and I figured they should be relatively easy to service and maintain. Would you agree? I figure Pipes, valves and simple switches are easier to maintain in the long term.

Any other machines you would recommend looking out for? I thought about a La Spazialle S1 Vivaldi, but am concerned about the long term reliability of electronics.

Cheers in advance for your replies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)

58mm v 53mm pf and baskets....any of the tope end machines i.e. verona, duet, P700, ECm will be of similar quality and ease of maintenance. Main thing is to know where it has come from!
     Don't pull my leg, pull my lever 

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Do you have a budget in mind? - might make the options clearer
    "yes I could buy it new but where's the fun be in that Morty?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Budget would be about £1000 for the machine and £300 for the grinder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)

There have been some great machines and grinders in the For Sale threads recently. Worth keeping an eye out for something on there (you will soon have enough post counts).
    5000 Badge / L-R / Monolith Titan Conical / HG-1 / OCD / Wenge LevTamp, Push, Pullman Big Step & Torr 58.4 / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 300ml pitcher / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Ancap, Inker, Acme & Loveramics cups / Espazzola / Hottop / 3 guinea pigs / a dog / and a very lovely husband

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think personally you can go wrong with buying used. These machines are very easy to do any maintenance in my opinion. I have a II and really after this I would only move to some pressure profile machine. It's served me great over the years. I haven't had any real problems either.