The Coffee Bean Van And Roaster
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking of buying a used alex duetto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Keen to buy one of these second hand myself but it is rare they come up on ebay, maybe once every couple of months. Are there any other places to buy them second hand?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Last edited by EspressoClinic.com; 1 Day Ago at 07:26.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)

I think always be careful of advice from someone who is selling you something!
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Last edited by EspressoClinic.com; 1 Day Ago at 07:27.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    452 Post(s)

Are espresso clinic approved by @Glenn to advertise?
    L-R / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Customised Pullman Big Step, Wenge Handle Lev Tamp, Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 340ml pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme & Loveramics cups / Espazzola / Hottop / home embroidered bar towels / beans on the go from Foundry, The Barn & Square Mile / 6 gorgeous guinea pigs / a dog / a very lovely husband / a snug shepherd’s hut / and a shiny new 10000 Club Badge!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EspressoClinic.com View Post
    is izzo duetto any better than mechanica 4 profi or rocket r58?
    Someone was looking for a used Duetto and you incorrectly informed them that it wasn't a popular machine. It was and sold really well, in fact I doubt you understand the history of the Duetto well at all or how and why it was designed in the way it was. I do understand and for a time it was one of the best prosumer dual boilers available and was the only machine that did what it did. In recent years it has been superseded by newer and better designs, which is as it should be but that doesn't make it a bad buy used, or fair for you to give bad advice wrapped in your so called expertise about such things.

I understand your need to sell machines and build your business, but to criticise the competition when your actually incorrect in what your saying is not a good look. I also think it's not a good look for you to enter into a p*$$ing competition about "is this prosumer better than that prosumer" with someone who may know a lot more than you realise about prosumer machines.. You have come on here with your username as your web address, spammed the forum with your "advice" and at almost every turn placed a link to your site. Even paid up forum advertisers don't abuse the forum like that. I certainly would never advise anyone to use your services or recommend you.
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EspressoClinic.com View Post
    Alex Duetto its not very popular machine. I would seek for ECM or Rocket - speciality the second one is easy to get. I will let you know if I will have one of them for sale.
    There is also cheap solution called Cime CO-01, its pretty good and worth £250-350 second hand
    If you will have any questions about domestic traditional coffee machines - send us a message here or visit our website ( https://espressoclinic.com/ )
    With that attitude you WILL LOSE a lot of customers and possible new customers.

1st rule of business, never criticise the competition.
    Only respect them and compete fairly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)

No - not currently authorised to advertise on Coffee Forums UK

This user has been provided with guidelines and invited to purchase an advertising package
    An announcement will be made when they have done so. We hope to welcome them onboard soon.
    Advertise on Coffee Forums UK - spaces available now

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Last edited by EspressoClinic.com; 1 Day Ago at 07:27.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)

What Dave is saying, politely, without blowing his own trumpet, is he has been involved with the design and rigorous testing of many coffee machines over the years, including the Duetto, and as such, is well placed to comment on them........whereas as far as we know.......you are not.......so as opposed to asking stupid questions like being supplied with sales data for the past few years, crawl away before you wake up and realise this is one you are not going to win......on any level
     You never hear the bullet thats kills you 