Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Latte art practice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eddie57 View Post
    id be happy if i could do them, im useless just cant get the hang of it
    exactly what I was saying three months ago
    Portaspresso Rossa PG Air, Kinu M68, Feldgrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets and tamper, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, Aeropress, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, Brita jug

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimBean1 View Post
    @Slee my turning point came really when I did an hour of one to one tuition at a roastery in Bournemouth - I knew the basic science of the milk and my espressos were fine but the steaming and incorporating really let me down. After an hour of someone pulling back to back shots for me and me steaming the milk each time and getting tips on my pour technique

Attachment 27183

In a few months. The key for me was understanding the science and then trying to nail the variables like heat, air and texture.

Just try to understand every element and keep practising each one.

Good luck.
    I just want to drink that after seeing it - looks great!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

So here was my latest attempt just now.... Looks better than previous attempts however the milk was too thick!!

FlatwhiteV.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

First coffee on the sage db. Seemed to be more Creme could be as there is more coffee but was nice and the steam was was nice to use.
    Rancilio Silvia / Sage Smart grinder - Love a flat white

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

nice video by Dritan Alsela..he surely knows how to work with his steam wand
    Portaspresso Rossa PG Air, Kinu M68, Feldgrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets and tamper, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, Aeropress, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, Brita jug

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stanic View Post
    I would show off too if I could do that as well as that
    5000 Badge / L-R / Monolith Titan Conical / HG-1 / OCD / Wenge LevTamp, Push, Pullman Big Step & Torr 58.4 / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 300ml pitcher / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Ancap, Inker, Acme & Loveramics cups / Espazzola / Hottop / 3 guinea pigs / a dog / and a very lovely husband

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stanic View Post
    Bloody show off
    Nuova Simonelli Musica Lux /Eureka Zenith 65E / Rancilio Rocky 2015 / Torr goldfinger 58.55 sharp edge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Bitter irony (literally).
    You know how everyone posts bad latte art and says "but it tasted great"? (Guilty!) Well this time I'm doing the opposite. This 'ere pour probably counts as fairly good by my standards, but was a total hash except for the pour. Last few beans in the hopper so it came out too coarse, but I tried to compensate with a harder tamp. Then when I started the shot the machine ran out of water after 1 second. I refilled the machine with Volvic and restarted the shot. Got the worst spritzer ever, all over me and the floor! 18>48 in 20" -I thought to myself "that's a sink shot" but thought what the hell, I'll stick some milk in it and drink it. I'm not sure which part of the whole process deserves to go in the Muppetry thread, but as the pour was the only redeeming feature I thought I'd put it here. It didn't taste great, actually. But not as bad as it ought to have done - I was half expecting the milk to curdle given the inauspicious beginning.
    Rocket R58, Ceado E37S, Eureka Zenith 65E • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.4 black Ti/walnut tamper • Knock 58.35 black/walnut tamper • Big bag o' beans.

Eat, drink and be merry

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hotmetal View Post
    Bitter irony (literally).
    You know how everyone posts bad latte art and says "but it tasted great"? (Guilty!) Well this time I'm doing the opposite. This 'ere pour probably counts as fairly good by my standards, but was a total hash except for the pour. Last few beans in the hopper so it came out too coarse, but I tried to compensate with a harder tamp. Then when I started the shot the machine ran out of water after 1 second. I refilled the machine with Volvic and restarted the shot. Got the worst spritzer ever, all over me and the floor! 18>48 in 20" -I thought to myself "that's a sink shot" but thought what the hell, I'll stick some milk in it and drink it. I'm not sure which part of the whole process deserves to go in the Muppetry thread, but as the pour was the only redeeming feature I thought I'd put it here. It didn't taste great, actually. But not as bad as it ought to have done - I was half expecting the milk to curdle given the inauspicious beginning.
    Thanks for the honesty i think that's what we all want to hear more of as we all experience the pain but we only see the good ones people want to show 😀
    Rancilio Silvia / Sage Smart grinder - Love a flat white

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Managed to get a heart shape on top, even moderately central but still lacking any definition. Milk is silky smooth. Any ideas?

Espresso: Ceado E92 (modified for single dose); Vesuvius; VST baskets and refractometer.
    Other: Aeropress, Sowden and Alessi Moka Pot; Mazzer Robur doser with Auber timer; Mazzer Mini E; Expobar Leva Dual Boiler