Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What a beaut

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dfk41 View Post
    @CardinalBiggles
    Have a drink made on each machine. Will you be able to detect a difference.......I doubt it.....after that, it is aesthetics
    And design decisions, component choices and location, drain taps on boilers, cup height under grouphead, capacity of drip tray etc. I agree on whether we can taste a difference between machines (most of us are not supertasters) but on high end machines there are other factors which we don't take into account until we're aware of them. It's why DaveC reviews are different to most.
    Quickmill Verona, Ceado E37s, Dalian Amazon & assorted greans, RO water

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Treated myself again!!!! God I'm bloody good to myself
    As I was a lucky bugger and won a quality tamper I had to buy the Emc tamper stAtion to go with it. Sure it will make my coffee taste better 🤔

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

@Deansie26 it definitely will mate.

No doubt
    Lelit Mara PL62 / HG-1 / Eazytamp / sweetcorn skewer / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CardinalBiggles View Post

The other choice would be ECM Mechanica IV/Profitec 500.The engineering in the Profitec really appeals. SS boiler, upgraded valves and, iirc, pump. Also no "Shit I've burned my fekkin fingers" steam wand on the Profitec. ECM isnt far off for a little bit less money.

Tally ho!
    Ha, I'm struggling with exactly the same dilemma. The Profitec 500 vs. the Mechanica IV profi. It'll be my first HX machine, so lot's of research has gone into it (and quite a bit of indecision, too.) The ECM machines look beautiful and I like the lever vs. the knobs personally.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

What machine do you have at the minute?
    Not sure if you have considered volumetric but it is a really fantastic feature to have, really helps keep your shots consistent, when you get over the honeymoon period with experimenting etc it's really super for using day to day. Personally for me it was a feature my final machine choice had to have and I'm very glad of it now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deansie26 View Post
    Treated myself again!!!! God I'm bloody good to myself
    As I was a lucky bugger and won a quality tamper I had to buy the Emc tamper stAtion to go with it. Sure it will make my coffee taste better

Looks great mate - please let us know how you get on with it? Have been considering.

Been using a tamping mat and has been fine though kind of don't like pressing bottom of basket against mat - especially as there's sometimes grind fines on there.
    ECM Mechanika IV Profi Rotary (plumbed in) - 18g VST ridgeless - IMS screen, LevTamp, Eureka Mignon. Aeropress and Rhinoware

Live and Let Live

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Thanks Kenny, basically does what any version of it would do, I just wanted the wee fancy one to go with my machine and tamper ha ha. Will last forever though and is nice and shiny lol.