Kruve Inc.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello From Norwich

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)

The EDP was my grandfather. Or at least, my maternal paterfamilias strongly resembled the front and back pages of the EDP with a pair of corduroy trousers sticking out underneath. At all times, all day every day (except mealtimes). I only discovered he had a human face when he sat down to dinner. It must be a very interesting paper!
    Rocket R58, Ceado E37S, Aeropress, AerGrind • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.4 black Ti/walnut tamper • Knock 58.35 black/walnut tamper • Big bag o' beans.

Eat, drink and be merry

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aaronb View Post
    G&G = Gosling (Hayley from The Window) & Guzman (Jose of Kofra)!

It's next to the mash tun (was hog in armour) at the start of St Benedicts. Really nice place, well worth checking out.
    Crikey that's a awesome combination, I must find an excuse to visit
    ¿ ǝsǝɥʇ pɐǝɹ ǝuoʎuɐ sǝop

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Went to G&G today popped in had a flat white made from thier current house blend (caffènation I think )

Super dooper

then dropped into strangers roastery to get some beans crikey it was busy in there today .

now hitting in to the strangers offerings , today has been a very rewarding day.

50 mile round trip for cofffee , I must be mad
    ¿ ǝsǝɥʇ pɐǝɹ ǝuoʎuɐ sǝop

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I can beat that, I went to London Four times (70 mile round trip each time) Bristol & Bath (400 miles) Cambridge, York, Leeds & Nottingham (600 miles) last year. I plan on going to Birmingham, Newcastle & Liverpool on my hunt for a decent Coffee this year, wish me luck...
    My Home Cinema: (with computers & coffee! ) grimleyplex.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimley View Post
    I can beat that, I went to London Four times (70 mile round trip each time) Bristol & Bath (400 miles) Cambridge, York, Leeds & Nottingham (600 miles) last year. I plan on going to Birmingham, Newcastle & Liverpool on my hunt for a decent Coffee this year, wish me luck...
    Sheffield and Manchester and big bridge are on my hit list this year and probably will do my obligatory trip to Dave's land .
    ¿ ǝsǝɥʇ pɐǝɹ ǝuoʎuɐ sǝop

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I'm currently visiting my dad who lives in Spixworth so I'll probably be popping into G&G tomorrow thanks to this thread!
    Musician | Student | Coffee Person

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Hello, Skipper1998
    Welcome from me, I am in North Lincolnshire
    5000 Badge / L-R / Monolith Titan Conical / HG-1 / OCD / Wenge LevTamp, Push, Pullman Big Step & Torr 58.4 / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 300ml pitcher / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Ancap, Inker, Acme & Loveramics cups / Espazzola / Hottop / 3 guinea pigs / a dog / and a very lovely husband

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any new coffee shops opened up in Norwich that are worth trying? I'm back for Christmas so looking to try any out

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenderloin View Post
    Any new coffee shops opened up in Norwich that are worth trying? I'm back for Christmas so looking to try any out
    Ancestors is the only new opening of note, in the site of the old Dandy Horse. Meant to be very good, not made it over myself yet.

There's a few other new places that claim to have the best coffee but upon investigation are just serving commodity crap and have no idea what they are talking about.

For me Kofra is tops in Norwich, consistency and quality nailed every time. Better than a lot of what is going on in London and other major cities.

If you have the time you could check out Strangers (2 locations), Little Red Roaster (3 locations), and Artel too.
    Londinium I, Mahlkönig Vario, Hario Skerton, Chemex 1-3 Cup.