Horsham Coffee Roasters
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Is Bulletproof Coffee Good For You?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Is Bulletproof Coffee Good For You?

Quote Originally Posted by craigsalisbury View Post
    Established facts at some point in history, the world is flat, leeches fix all ill's, radium, healthy glowing teeth. there are sooo many more.

Science is there to be challenged and soo are the "known facts" because if they are not we dont move forward.

Do you really subscribe to the belief that we know everything there is to know about the human body, how hormones interact with nutrition etc.? Standardised government advice is hardly agile, it sometimes takes decades to update with current "known facts"
    The difference is that the scientific process nowadays only grants conjecture with the status of ‘fact’ when it stands up to tests for failure with accuracy of 3-5 standard deviations from the mean.

TLDR: facts nowadays aren’t colloquial ‘knowledge’ but evidence based and tested repeatedly for failure
    Ceado E7, Expobar Office Leva Dual, Sage Smart Grinder pro, Delonghi EC221.B(modded to hell)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

my only ask is that people do not rest on their laurels and not be closed minded to the opinion of others just because its different to their own thinking or what they previously studied. as for blue zone populations, i read that there was some thoughts that presumed they digested certain things like rice differently to westerners for example. which makes kind of sense if you sign up to the theory of evolution and not "the world was created 4000 years ago"
    "Yeah, well, scientifically, traditions are an idiot thing"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

my only ask is that people do not rest on their laurels and not be closed minded to the opinion of others just because its different to their own thinking or what they previously studied. as for blue zone populations, i read that there was some thoughts that presumed they digested certain things like rice differently to westerners for example. which makes kind of sense if you sign up to the theory of evolution and not "the world was created 4000 years ago"
    The first part of your statement is the very basis of the scientific method. Question everything, even established "facts" but as Toby said we do have established evidence these days.

As for rice, it's just starch, or a long chain of glucose molecules. The Asians aren't unique in their ability to digest it. I think you're thinking more northern europeans and the lactase mutation that allowed us to adopt dairy as a viable food source.
    Sage Duo Temp Pro and Mazzer Super Jolly (Doserless Mod) | Espresso Addict!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I thought of that also, but you look at staples of populations and over time the body deals with it differently to population that have evolved with different staples.

Now in a purist utopia, this basis of fact may well stand up, but in the world of conglomo-paid-for-research and lobbying i'm not soo sure, i'm not a conspiracy theorist, but definitely a skeptic. and result take way too long to be given as the "new advice".
    "Yeah, well, scientifically, traditions are an idiot thing"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

RDA lol, about as useful as BMI
    Well I can agree on that with exception to ATZ point about athletes. I asked the question because you wrote
    I eat more calories from fat, in fact I don't eat many carbs and since May this year I have lost 35Kg's, my hypertension has gone, my cholesterol has normalised and my blood sugar has gone from pre-diabetic to normal (4.8) On this point i to your point deficit my calories, but only by 20% of whats considered normal.
    I'm asking if 20% below RDA is the same as 'what's considered normal'. And if so, were you consuming calories beyond 'what is considered normal' previous to the dietary change?
    Expobar DB Office Leva IV, La Pavoni Professional -- FOR SALE: MBK HEFT, Torr Goldfinger Titan Convex & 58.55 Flat -- Ceado E8, Lido E, Pharos VDD -- 2 and 5 cup Syphons; Vintage Nicro Metal Filter -- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe