Happy Donkey
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rhys - #12roasterschallenge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)

Here it is, my twelfth roaster for my #12roasterschallenge..

Brown Bear

Cool Brazil Swiss water decaf..

...and here's me trying it out with my new naked portafilter..

More than likely a commodity coffee as Mrboots2u thinks. I tend to agree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrboots2u View Post
    This will most certainly be commodity coffee.
    You pays what you get get for and at £2.5 a bag with no details on farm or origin, then that probably tells you all you need to know.
    With 50% off, that covered the postage.

Anyway, it's a decaf coffee and tasting notes mention cocoa and walnuts.. which probably goes for most medium roast 'normal' coffees available.

When guestimating the grind, the resulting shot was acceptable. 15.5g > 32g (see above video). Started off smooth but soured in the after-taste. I think this would suit as a milk based drink, not so sure about espresso. Then again, I'm preferring lighter roasts nowadays, and this is labelled as a medium.

Since it got a shout on the forum, it was worth a punt but probably a bit of a cop-out for this challenge due to the origins and roast date (or lack of.. ) so I'm taking it as my '11½' roaster.. that means I'm now doing a #12½roasterschallenge @Glenn, do I get a special badge
    Spro = 2011 Mazzer Major auto (Ti burrs) + 2007 La Pavoni Europiccola Millennium
    Brew = Isomac Macinino Professionale Inox + V60/AeroPress/Syphon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)

Well done @Rhys

I'll be sorting out #12roasterschallenge participants with a little something in December
    Advertise on Coffee Forums UK - spaces available now

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)

Here's my 12th (proper) roaster for my #1roasterschallenge

Django Coffee Co.

4 coffee selection pack..

Been enjoying these lately in my Moka Pot. Tucked into the La Bolsa this evening. A Guatemalan with notes of peach, Nectarine and Pear. 15g into approx 250g water, then topped up with hot water. A nice, tasty brew.
    Spro = 2011 Mazzer Major auto (Ti burrs) + 2007 La Pavoni Europiccola Millennium

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)

..and 13th goes to...

Carvetii Coffee Roasters

Solwara
    , Papua New Guinea - Single Origin - Fully Washed - CO2 process Decaf

Carvetii have always been my go-to roaster when I want something I can depend on (either them or York Coffee Emporium when I need something straight away). Ever since I sampled an Americano at Brew & Brownie in York, have I liked these roasters. They also sent me a lovely mug this time (and an espresso cup/saucer in past orders)

To keep my theme of decaf going, I've also decided to include this one as one of my #12roasterschallenge coffees.

Sowara is a PNG SO, fully washed. It has tasting notes initially of peanut, leading onto peach. With a creamy mouth-feel and caramelised brown sugar sweetness (although the website says Red Apple, Apricot and Sweet finish). My other half enjoyed it as a flat white the other day and I'll be brewing it up in my Moka Pot tomorrow evening.

Last edited by Rhys; 1 Week Ago at 10:47.