1920 Caffe UK

Thread: VonShef BURR coffee grinder

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default VonShef BURR coffee grinder

Hi everyone,
    this is my first post here, so not sure if I'm doing it right, but anyway...

VonShef BURR coffee grinder - http://www.domu.co.uk/vonshef-burr-c...y78aAkJK8P8HAQ

For a burr grinder this seems too cheap to be true. But I'm a bit afraid that it won't grind finely and consistently enough for an espresso machine. It is a new product and I can't find any customer reviews on that so far. Does anyone here have any experience with it?

Cheers, Michael

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)

get that grinder and you will be "living the dream"

Trouble is, that dream will be about getting a better grinder.
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Haha, yea, that's what I thought....
    well, on the product description page they say "Grind adjuster dial ranges from 1 for Finest Ground to 18 for Coarse Ground. All your favourite coffee making methods are covered - from espresso to filter to French Press."
    But for some reason I believe it's a big fat lie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mactec View Post

For a burr grinder this seems too cheap to be true. But I'm a bit afraid that it won't grind finely and consistently enough for an espresso machine. It is a new product and I can't find any customer reviews on that so far. Does anyone here have any experience with it?

Cheers, Michael
    At that price, it's unlikely to deliver a consistent grind suitable for espresso. Probably best to avoid and save your money.
    Londinium R paired with EK43 running Turkish burrs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mactec View Post
    Haha, yea, that's what I thought....
    well, on the product description page they say "Grind adjuster dial ranges from 1 for Finest Ground to 18 for Coarse Ground. All your favourite coffee making methods are covered - from espresso to filter to French Press."
    But for some reason I believe it's a big fat lie.
    it might not be, they may have found a way, with fantastic new technology I am not aware of, to make a £30 grinder perform as well as a £300 one. If so, they are going to do fantastically well. you know what they say though, if it looks like a fish, smells like a fish and tastes like a fish....then it's probably a fish. I didn't use Cigar, cos we're politically correct now.
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

"Powerful 150w motor"

Why is there a tiny glass of Guinness next to the grinder?
    Expobar DB Office Leva IV, La Pavoni Professional -- FOR SALE: MBK HEFT, Torr Goldfinger Titan Convex & 58.55 Flat -- Ceado E8, Lido E, Pharos VDD -- 2 and 5 cup Syphons; Vintage Nicro Metal Filter -- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

For £30 odd I would expect it to pleasantly surprise

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

..pleasantly surprise what exactly?
    Londinium R paired with EK43 running Turkish burrs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

for a lot of home users that are using preground then for £35 its a step in the right direction, and not much more than a blade grinder.

I bet I could get it stepless in no time

Fits under the cupboards too