Results 1,721 to 1,729 of 1729

Thread: Decent espresso

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by embrya View Post
    Produced an error...
    This error is likely because you have not copied the Mac OSX DE1+ app to /Desktop or /Applications.

I am guessing this is the cause of your problem because I can see on your screen that the error says "read-only file system".

The app cannot update itself when OSX has "sandboxed" it to a read-only directory.

I will work on making this error prettier and suggesting a solution when it happens.

-john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Decent espresso

Yes, I didn’t run it under applications. So after I did it worked!

Any update when the 20 machines in the pipe will be ready for shipping?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes, I didn’t run it under applications. So after I did it worked!
    Great. This FYI is a new problem caused by the most recent version of OSX automatically keeping the ~/Downloads files in a read-only sandbox. You're not the first person to have this problem.

Any update when the 20 machines in the pipe will be ready for shipping?
    Yes: there's real progress to report this week.

3 new people started this week, and we pulled all the engineers away from their desks, so we could have 10 total people working on building machines. That's a big increase from 2 people in the factory previously.

We believe we will have all the "sub assemblies" for 20 machines built by the end of Friday (today), and on Monday we will start final assembly of them all. We should have shipped all 20 220V machines by the end of next week.

If so, that will represent a 4x increase in assembly speed (from 0.5 machines/day to 2 machines/day), but we think we should reach 3 to 4 machines a day very shortly, because quite a bit of the past 2 weeks has been us cleaning and organizing. That's mostly done now, and we can start to reap the benefits.

Attached are some photos I took today.

-john

people3.jpg parts.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some questions "fell under the bus" (there were a lot of questions at that time) ...

Regarding the DE1 only getting bugfix updates - no real updates:
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickff View Post

• No REST interface (IFTTT) - only DE1+ ?
    • The profile will eventually be online and share. Not for the DE1?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patrickff View Post
    Some questions "fell under the bus" (there were a lot of questions at that time) ...
    Regarding the DE1 only getting bugfix updates - no real updates:
    The DE1 is being discontinued and there will be no feature updates for it. What you get when it is delivered is what it will stay as, except for updates to correct bugs. We're already losing money on each DE1 we ship, so we do not see the point of investing further R&D money into it.

We haven't shipped any DE1s yet, and people will have the option of cancelling, upgrading, or receiving the DE1 at the low price they ordered it at.

-john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Default Tech support video: a dirty shower screen can cause uneven espresso water

Shin (our man in Korea) was demoing to some serious baristas, who were unimpressed that the water coming out of the shower screen was so uneven. After a bit of head scratching, we found that taking out the shower screen and cleaning the coffee off of it fixed the problem.

(n.b.: this is an example of how we're planning on doing most tech support. A short video shows the problem, and the solution. Few words or language necessary. The next revision of this video will show the parts being cleaned. Great for our many customers for whom English is not so easy)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Good progress today building 20 espresso machines

WechatIMG9056.jpg WechatIMG9055.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Decent espresso

Quote Originally Posted by decent_espresso View Post
    Good progress today building 20 espresso machines

WechatIMG9056.jpg WechatIMG9055.jpg
    Thanks - wish you all the best!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Last edited by embrya; 8 Hours Ago at 01:31.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi John,

If I can make a humble request, it would be wonderful if you would create a production queue for the existing 300 orders, to give pre-orderers a sense of where they are in the manufacturing and shipping process. Denis Basaric does this with each of his production runs for his Kafatek grinders, with a simple list of order numbers (including what type of order) and status updates (e.g. – “In Assembly”, “Testing”, “Shipping”), and I know that his customers love him for it.

I request this because, despite spending several hours every week searching multiple forums and social media platforms, I still have no sense of whether I might realistically expect my order in the next few weeks or several months from now—and, I suspect I am not alone. That is, I have no sense of whether I’m in the current batch of 20 machines being assembled, or if I’m #299 of 300. Even if I learn that I’m at the back of the production line, at least then I will know not to expect my machine for a while, which will make for an overall much better experience in waiting.

To be clear: This is merely a request. I know you and your team are working like maniacs, and I’m thrilled to wait for my machine regardless. I simply believe a lot of people would appreciate this in the meantime.