The Coffee Bean Van And Roaster
Page 209 of 225 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2244

Thread: Decent espresso

North of central UK--Within easy reach of York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decent_espresso View Post
    On CoffeeSnobs, user "LyreBird" posted this about Titanium:

Others chimed in that this tip would heat up as much, if not more, than our current stainless steel tip, so the phenomena of "milk cooking onto the tip" would be unchanged.

At this point, from all the feedback, I'm not sure what advantage this would have, other than adding USD$20 to my build price, and the other negative of potentially having two different metals doing ionic exchange.

We do have some experiments to continue (and conclude) on tip shapes, and we've made a bunch of them to test.

-john

Attachment 36309
    Bottom left has the appearance of an industrial pressure washer lance jet, usually exude a fanned style spray angle.

Jon.
    One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decent_espresso View Post
    I'll post news about that when I have it, but we're still quite a ways away from that. September/October will have us putting substantial time into the group head controller, and then there'll need to be testing time. And then we'll submit that to Intertek for UL approval. Christmas vacations will mean that approval should come in late January/early February.

The v1.3 machines will feature the group head controller, whether or not we have UL approval yet for it. They'll start getting made once we have made about 70% of this next batch of v1.1 machines.

-john
    John,

Do you have any preliminary pictures of the group head controller you can share? I'm trying to decide if I should wait for the v1.3 machine, and the group head controller is the reason why I'd wait (my wife doesn't like the "modern" design and I'm hoping the controller changes the look enough for her). Do you expect the price points to remain similar?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

cannot wait

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Still odd, two sign up and jump straight on this thread, and no welcome!!!
    WHY DO CROCS HAVE HOLE'S IN?

TO LET YOUR DIGNITY OUT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jony View Post
    Its not really that unusual... I quite regularly seek advice from forums I have no intention of sticking around on, this and the HB thread are a main resource of info for the Decent Machine and a direct line of contact to the owner of the company, its unsurprising people who are interested in the machine but not really the forum as a community will post here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RNAV View Post
    John,

Do you have any preliminary pictures of the group head controller you can share? I'm trying to decide if I should wait for the v1.3 machine, and the group head controller is the reason why I'd wait (my wife doesn't like the "modern" design and I'm hoping the controller changes the look enough for her). Do you expect the price points to remain similar?
    Welcome.

Jon.
    One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jony View Post
    You got me! Reading this thread distracted me from posting in the welcome section. I'll rectify that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

John,

Do you not feel that even with this machine, which I've enjoyed keeping an eye on since joining this forum and admire the openness and response that 'John' endeavours to keep up and respond to at every point in time when a query, suggestion, observation crops up, this machine is a drift away from the traditional appearance, the use, which I believe is a first, of a tablet to control almost every aspect of producing a brew.
    Also we see the introduction of a new grinder, the 'Niche' that again is a move away from a traditional appearance to something that represents possibly a typical kitchen accessory, yes I know it is, but as grinders go.

Jon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xpresso View Post
    Do you not feel that even with this machine, which I've enjoyed keeping an eye on since joining this forum and admire the openness and response that 'John' endeavours to keep up and respond to at every point in time when a query, suggestion, observation crops up, this machine is a drift away from the traditional appearance, the use, which I believe is a first, of a tablet to control almost every aspect of producing a brew.
    Also we see the introduction of a new grinder, the 'Niche' that again is a move away from a traditional appearance to something that represents possibly a typical kitchen accessory, yes I know it is, but as grinders go.

Jon.
    To be clear, I like the design. My wife does not. It is my hope that the yet-to-be-seen group head controller on the v1.3 machine will change the aesthetic enough to sway my wife.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

To be clear, I like the design. My wife does not. It is my hope that the yet-to-be-seen group head controller on the v1.3 machine will change the aesthetic enough to sway my wife.
    Good Luck with your train of thought and diplomacy, I hope there's a compromise sufficient to keep both parties happy .

Jon.

Page 209 of 225 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219 ... LastLast