Adams and Russell
Page 202 of 212 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2119

Thread: Decent espresso

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coffeechap View Post
    Jesus was that a straight blatant plug for something backed up by someone else who’s only two posts are backing this up!
    screen 2018-08-08 at 6.41.12 PM.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decent_espresso View Post
    I guess it clearly shows your machine is better than a Slayer (functionally I mean) an achievement you should rightly be proud of. The Slayer market isn't massive and anyone who wants a slayer is still going to buy a Slayer. However ordinary folk with a few thousand plus to spend can get that performance at a fraction of the price.
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: Just loads of stuff I forget I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavecUK View Post
    I guess it clearly shows your machine is better than a Slayer (functionally I mean) an achievement you should rightly be proud of. The Slayer market isn't massive and anyone who wants a slayer is still going to buy a Slayer. However ordinary folk with a few thousand plus to spend can get that performance at a fraction of the price.
    I also read it to mean that if you have talent, you can use a fairly inexpensive lever machine and get fantastic results.

Related: one of the founders of the Flair Espresso maker just bought one of my espresso machines last week. I'm very interested to see how he gets on with it.

-john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decent_espresso View Post
    I also read it to mean that if you have talent, you can use a fairly inexpensive lever machine and get fantastic results.

Related: one of the founders of the Flair Espresso maker just bought one of my espresso machines last week. I'm very interested to see how he gets on with it.

-john
    You are probably correct, but as your machine can do things no other machine can do and share profiles, it effectively eliminates the requirement for talent. For the talented who use a DE1 (or DE1+?) the sky is the limit in terms of replicating any shot a machine can do or ever will be able to do. There is that old term that might apply to the Decent espresso machine "I think they've cracked it". It may be that over time, you will make all other machines obsolete in terms of capability and function. I suspect there will still be "retro users" who want to continue using old fashioned dual boiler and lever machines, or even out of date pressure profiling machines.

It will be interesting to read more in depth reviews from your customers.
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: Just loads of stuff I forget I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi John,

I think you're bringing industry shift on the table with your espresso maker. Thanks to you and team!

As soon as you're not neglecting secondary attributes of espresso ritual (grinders, tempers, etc.) - I would be brave enough to suggest transparent portafilter for your consideration. Portafilter is terra incognita (visuality wise) at the moment, but that's where all the magic actually happens when water plus pressure meet the coffee puck. Opening that view to home enthusiasts, baristas and cafe clientele could have astonishing impact. Professionals would gain more visibility and control over their shots while coffee lovers could simply enjoy watching the process. I would even anticipate some establishments to mount small cameras on DE machine to enable live broadcast on large screens - so each client could watch his/her coffee being crafted.

When it comes to technology aspect of the transparent portafillter - I don't think this is something undoable for your company to R&D and deliver. Metal core with borosilicate glass ring inserted...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

What no welcome^ and jump on this thread.
    TWIGLETS ARE KING

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gelious View Post
    Hi John,

I think you're bringing industry shift on the table with your espresso maker. Thanks to you and team!

As soon as you're not neglecting secondary attributes of espresso ritual (grinders, tempers, etc.) - I would be brave enough to suggest transparent portafilter for your consideration. Portafilter is terra incognita (visuality wise) at the moment, but that's where all the magic actually happens when water plus pressure meet the coffee puck. Opening that view to home enthusiasts, baristas and cafe clientele could have astonishing impact. Professionals would gain more visibility and control over their shots while coffee lovers could simply enjoy watching the process. I would even anticipate some establishments to mount small cameras on DE machine to enable live broadcast on large screens - so each client could watch his/her coffee being crafted.

When it comes to technology aspect of the transparent portafillter - I don't think this is something undoable for your company to R&D and deliver. Metal core with borosilicate glass ring inserted...
    The only company that has ever done this was La Marzocco I believe and it was purely for experiments not for actual shots.

You would have to have both a transparent PF as well as a transparent basket. The chances of anyone doing this in any kind of practical way for a tiny market of people who might want them is slim to none.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gelious View Post
    Hi John,

I love the term "industry shift", makes me feel old....I can imagine the oohs and ahhs as the customers bend over the counter to get a look at the transparent portafilter. Out with the phones to video and photograph. I admit the visibility and control aspect I am not so sure of, but you might be right, seeing what is going on may make it possible for the skilled to spring into action, fingers lightly brushing the tablet in a blur as they make fine adjustments to the shot in real time. Cameras mounted on the machine to video the shot, again it's great idea. I can imagine idly sipping my coffee and watching shot after glorious shot issuing forth from a transparent portafilter on the big screen.

That's a fantastic idea. The transparent aluminium (Aluminium Oxynitride ceramic) would easily be strong enough and space age enough to make it fitting for the DE1 or is it DE1+ (pro). In fact I am sure Scotty meant the ceramic. I put the link to the manufacturer of Alon in case DE take up the idea.

http://www.surmet.com/technology/alo...mics/index.php

Some shots with a Transparent portafilter....when I fist saw these years ago, I was transfixed. I remember watching all the various videos for hours on end.

Last edited by DavecUK; 08-08-18 at 03:30.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    The only company that has ever done this was La Marzocco I believe and it was purely for experiments not for actual shots.

You would have to have both a transparent PF as well as a transparent basket. The chances of anyone doing this in any kind of practical way for a tiny market of people who might want them is slim to none.
    It was La Spaziale
    “Coffee evokes the most insane reactions in people”, Rene Redzepi.

https://markwjburness.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MWJB View Post
    It was La Spaziale
    I feel like I was close

Page 202 of 212 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206 ... LastLast