1920 Caffe UK
Page 196 of 212 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2119

Thread: Decent espresso

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Ah I see, I did read the last line of the initial post but somehow didn't click.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decent_espresso View Post
    As these are 110V machines, I kind of intended them to be for USA users. I realize this is a .co.uk forum, but there are some Americans here.

But... if you wanted to buy yourself a 220V->110V converter, and run the machine, don't suppose I have a problem with that.

So, to answer your question:

Attachment 35415

But I am planning to have a few 220V machines available under the same offer. But I don't have any in stock at the moment.

-john
    So you have a surplus stock of machines which you are selling off at a discount, but you haven't fulfilled your preorders at a much higher price (from April 2017 - scheduled for delivery in Oct 2018 + an unknown time).

Something isn't right here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post

Something isn't right here.
    Maybe read again..... these are machines with cosmetic defaults.... so everything is more than fine....!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by markant View Post
    Maybe read again..... these are machines with cosmetic defaults.... so everything is more than fine....!
    And the price offered here is the same price as what the pre-order price was. Not cheaper.

It's a 2nd chance for people who helped me bring this project to life, to get a machine at the pre-order price, albeit with a cosmetic fault.

Four of the six machines I have like this have sold, only two left, and one said he's bank wiring tomorrow.

I also note I just found out that Bill's machine has not been sent to him due to a mix up. We had asked him some time ago, to confirm his postal address before we ship it. Because his address hadn't changed, he didn't write back "confirmed" and so we emailed him again, and he didn't confirm again. He didn't think he needed to, and didn't understand that we wouldn't ship until we heard back. So we hadn't sent his machine out yet. He wrote in yesterday to complain, the confusion has now been resolved and he'll be getting his machine soon.

-john
    Last edited by decent_espresso; 12-07-18 at 07:42.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Default Special offer sold out

IMG_9031.jpg

All the remaining DE1+ machines I had under the special offer are now sold out, and shipping today. 9 people took advantage of this, and I look forward to hearing from in the coming days, as you start pulling (hopefully decent) shots.

-john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Default Chinese promotional video from our CNC vendor

This company makes the brass parts that go into the group head of our espresso machine. Every time you see brass in this video (and that’s often) those are Decent Espresso parts. An interesting peek inside high-end Chinese manufacturing.

Some amusing moments:
    - the ping pong tables and treadmill
    - all the girls on the right side of the table, all the boys on the left side.
    - nice matching shirts
    - really, really nice CNC and testing equipment
    - amazingly good English text-to-speech narrator (with a slightly Nordic accent?)

-john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can you tell us more about the brass that you use in the machines? What is the amount of lead in it, and does it have any certification for usage in drinking water? Also, it would be interesting for me to know which other parts are made of brass besides the group head.

Are there any plans to do a NSF certification for the whole machine?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red_hood View Post
    Can you tell us more about the brass that you use in the machines? What is the amount of lead in it, and does it have any certification for usage in drinking water?
    We had our own tests conducted, results below. We paid to have SGS Labs https://www.sgsgroup.com.hk/ test all our materials, separately from the supplier-provided certifications. I have previously posted all the PDFs here on this forum. Here is a JPG version of the brass tests from SGS.

screen 2018-07-19 at 5.01.48 PM.jpg screen 2018-07-19 at 5.01.54 PM.jpg screen 2018-07-19 at 5.02.11 PM.jpg screen 2018-07-19 at 5.02.06 PM.jpg

Oh man, the forum software has downrezed these images so they're now unreadable. Sorry about that.

I've uploaded the original PDF from SGS here:
    https://decentespresso.com/p/sgs-brass.pdf

Also, it would be interesting for me to know which other parts are made of brass besides the group head.
    Only the group head is made of brass. The stuff is damned expensive (USD$110 for the CNCed parts, for each DE1+) and I would love to have an alternative, but it's the best choice at the moment. Our water paths are calibrated and need to be precise, so they're not easily cast. We've thought about switching to Ultem, because then we'd have no thermal issues (no need to preheat the group) and no lead issues, but such a switch will need extensive testing.

Are there any plans to do a NSF certification for the whole machine?
    Yes, for the DE1CAFE, we plan to go for NSF. We bought the NSF standard when we started, and Intertek have been advising us all along, so we've been making choices in the belief that we're going to be able to get the certification. It's on next year's schedule.

-john
    Last edited by decent_espresso; 19-07-18 at 10:09.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Default Decent espresso

Sorry if this has already been posted (I’ve been out of the loop a while).

I (in all my humble amateur home-muppet glory) think this is the most useful jump in practical extraction science since brew ratios and refraction. https://www.scottrao.com/blog/2018/7...ode-on-the-de1 24% EY from a Baratza Forte.
    Espresso: Ceado E92 (modified for single dose); Vesuvius; VST baskets and refractometer.
    Other: Aeropress, Sowden and Alessi Moka Pot; Mazzer Robur doser with Auber timer; Mazzer Mini E; Expobar Leva Dual Boiler

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I read that earlier today and it does look really interesting - the DE1+ being well outside my budget sadly but I think it looks great!
    Work: Fracino Cherub (OPV mod), La Pavoni Europiccola (with added pressure gauge), Brazen Plus, V60, Aeropress, Mazzer Royal (titanium burrs), Compak K3 Touch, Gold finger 58.55 Sharp Edge, Reg Barber 58.35mm C-Ripple...
    Home: Gaggia Classic (PID, and usual mods), Mazzer Super Jolly (and usual mods), Torr Goldfinger Convex 58.4mm, Torr 58.4mm Soft Convex Ebony XS "Vintage Brass"...

Page 196 of 212 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206 ... LastLast