Adams and Russell
Page 195 of 224 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2232

Thread: Decent espresso

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)

Interesting, from what you say, it seems business requirements have changed completely in recent years. I must be a little out of touch with the commercial world now. Perhaps a few of those types of Cafes will open in places I regularly go. It looks like you are totally in tune with the needs of the commercial buyer and I imagine we will see these machines in most small independent coffee shops in a few years and in national chains once they catch up with the new thinking and ideas you have. I would imagine for inexperienced staff, the system can be as simple as grind it in this preset grinder and press this option....just like a super auto. However for those experienced staff especially when it's quiet, they will have time to play around with all the options to fine tune their shots, perhaps even one day on the fly for various customers (assuming you have an app).

It may even shift the focus from food for profit back to coffee, rather than coffee as the draw to come in and buy food, or drinks that are really desserts. Certainly many places I used to go in, it was dose the coffee into the portafilter...from a dosing grinder if you were lucky, bang it into the machine and press the button. Walk away do the next grind and shot and come back to yours, not having observed anything, fill it with hot water, or refoamed milk and then serve. I rarely if ever show a shot discarded or a grinder adjusted. I still occasionally flagellate myself with a coffee outside and generally get a similar disappointing experience.

Looks like you might be set to change all that....
    ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

North of central UK--Within easy reach of York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

A suitable tablet attached to the rear of machines (Customers side) may in itself evoke further interest in today's electronic world as they watch the stages of the brew.

Jon.
    One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xpresso View Post
    A suitable tablet attached to the rear of machines (Customers side) may in itself evoke further interest in today's electronic world as they watch the stages of the brew.

Jon.
    Perhaps they can even add the ability for the customer to control his own shot and then save those parameters under his own name (in the cloud)....when he goes in next time he enters his code and his preferred recipe comes up on the local DE machine, the Barista goes to the correct Decent grinder, it portions out the required dose and grind, said Barista simply locks it into the machine and the customer or Barista presses the on screen button. Then the stages of the brew you mention are recoded, with some Video of the shot. this can be transferred to the customers smartphone. This information and Video can then be shared on the same social media sites DE are thinking of using and optionally reviewed whilst enjoying your beverage. It may even be possible to fine tune the parameters on the phone to improve your shot next time you come in, by automatically updating your stored recipe.

If that coffee isn't available an alternative coffee, but still produced to the customers own exacting requirements can be offered. Coffee could become a new "experience" for the enlightened customer and eventually something like Coffeegram (similar to Instagram)..

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xpresso View Post
    A suitable tablet attached to the rear of machines (Customers side) may in itself evoke further interest in today's electronic world as they watch the stages of the brew..
    We did some concept drawings in this direction, about a year ago.

screenback.jpg
    Last edited by decent_espresso; 09-07-18 at 05:43.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default Decent Espresso CAD files released

screen 2018-07-09 at 12.25.05 PM.jpg

As promised two years ago, here are downloadable CAD files for our DE1+ and DE1PRO espresso machines.
    https://decentespresso.com/de1plus#cad

What can you do with these files?
    - you might want to "hot rod" or "accessorize" your Decent Espresso machine
    - you’re planning a cafe or kitchen, and want to decide where to put the machines
    - you’d like to have the parts models so that you can CNC your own replacement parts
    -to help you do your own future repairs

You can work with the model using the free web-based OnShape CAD software: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/85...a4f513a8a6cbe1

The STEP file loads well into most CAD programs, including https://www.freecadweb.org/ and is probably better for most serious use.

-john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decent_espresso View Post
    screen 2018-07-09 at 12.25.05 PM.jpg

As promised two years ago, here are downloadable CAD files for our DE1+ and DE1PRO espresso machines.
    https://decentespresso.com/de1plus#cad

What can you do with these files?
    - you might want to "hot rod" or "accessorize" your Decent Espresso machine
    - you’re planning a cafe or kitchen, and want to decide where to put the machines
    - you’d like to have the parts models so that you can CNC your own replacement parts
    -to help you do your own future repairs

You can work with the model using the free web-based OnShape CAD software: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/85...a4f513a8a6cbe1

The STEP file loads well into most CAD programs, including https://www.freecadweb.org/ and is probably better for most serious use.

-john
    What software does DE use internally for CAD?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikefish View Post
    What software does DE use internally for CAD?
    The mechanical engineers all use Solidworks, while Ray (the inventor and electrical engineer) uses FreeCAD and Onshape, but this is largely to draft ideas that then get redrawn precisely in Solidworks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default A few 110V DE1+ machines, shipping today, at a $500 discount.

A few 110V DE1+ machines, shipping today, at a $500 discount.

I have a half dozen DE1+ machines in stock, that I will sell at the early-adopter price of $1999 ($500 off the current price).

Here's the catch:

1) This offer is only for people who have helped us along this journey by posting to the forums. You must have previously posted something before we started shipping (February 2018) to our discussions on Home Barista, Coffee Forums UK, Coffee Snobs, our Instagram, or on the Facebook group.

2) these machines have a slight cosmetic defect, of a rounded scratch around the front panel mounting holes. Photo attached. You'll need to be OK with that.

---

If you'd like to take me up on this, send me a personal message and include a link to one of your pre-March postings. I'll follow up with you directly afterward.

Sorry.... no 220V machines available under this offer at the moment (stay tuned).

-john

IMG_9014.jpg IMG_9015.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Can you make the UK price including taxes and shipping clear on these machines please John.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    Can you make the UK price including taxes and shipping clear on these machines please John.
    As these are 110V machines, I kind of intended them to be for USA users. I realize this is a .co.uk forum, but there are some Americans here.

But... if you wanted to buy yourself a 220V->110V converter, and run the machine, don't suppose I have a problem with that.

So, to answer your question:

screen 2018-07-11 at 6.20.26 PM.jpg

But I am planning to have a few 220V machines available under the same offer. But I don't have any in stock at the moment.

-john

Page 195 of 224 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast