Horsham Coffee Roasters
Page 178 of 210 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2093

Thread: Decent espresso

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decent_espresso View Post
    If you see that it's dirty, then yes, you should clean it. The metal around that probe is 0.5mm thick stainless steel, for fast response, so obviously you shouldn't scrape at it with a screwdriver. An abrasive sponge and a cleaning product should be fine (it's not that delicate, owing to its strong shape).

I look forward to learning more from our customers about what works, for cleaning and many other topics.

Yes, we do sell our own gaskets, here:
    https://decentespresso.com/cart?s=70008+1

note that the price is a bit more expensive than others, because shipping from HK has to be accounted for by us.

You're welcome to use any 8.5mm gaskets (NBR or Silicone, as you wish) from any source you like, as we are completely compatible with the standard. Before we made our own, we were using Simonelli NBR gaskets, and Cafelat silicone gaskets.

Note that one reason we put the group head handle on is to tempt people to not over-tighten the portafilter, which baristas often do by leaning into the handle with all their body weight. Less muscle when locking in the portafilter will greatly extend the life of your gasket.

-john
    Great news! A year or so ago I ended up buying 20+ Cafelat 8.5 silicone gaskets. Excuse me for the off-topic.

Now for the real question. Do you have any idea of how many shots did this machine that Shin showed us had prepared? Have you tried other kinds of shower screens?
    Also, if you change the shower screen to something more restricted (Like an IMS competition), will that affect flow rate?

Thank you John for all the information you keep posting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decent_espresso View Post
    Note that one reason we put the group head handle on is to tempt people to not over-tighten the portafilter, which baristas often do by leaning into the handle with all their body weight. Less muscle when locking in the portafilter will greatly extend the life of your gasket.

-john

girls at work do this all the time
    The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.
    MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feldgrind, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stanic View Post

girls at work do this all the time
    Just do as I did. Tell them to ask you to prepare their coffees. At least now I know how clean the machine is, I have the grinder correctly set up, etc... And the plus is you are the favourite of all those cuties LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andreugv View Post
    Just do as I did. Tell them to ask you to prepare their coffees. At least now I know how clean the machine is, I have the grinder correctly set up, etc... And the plus is you are the favourite of all those cuties LOL.
    Lol you've got to be kidding me, they don't care and as the owner doesn't either, I don't care what they do with the machine and grinder at all I grind my own beans with the Feldgrind, no crappy robusta miscela for me
    They might be cute but actually are stupid as a boot as they say in polish...I've asked them on April the 30th what celebration day is it tomorrow, they didn't have a clue..blimey
    The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.
    MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feldgrind, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)

I've asked them on April the 30th what celebration day is it tomorrow, they didn't have a clue..blimey
    Sounds like they need help... Mayday!

_______
    Eat, drink and be merry
    Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

I've asked them on April the 30th what celebration day is it tomorrow, they didn't have a clue..blimey
    I know there is such a thing as 'May Day' - but honestly if you asked me that question on the 30th I also would have given you a blank stare - it not exactly a notable date for me or anyone I know, even if it has some significance to some folks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Of course soon hopefully some of us will be explaining what DE day is and what an unboxing is to completely oblivious people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

I don't expect everyone to know everything but if it is a bank holiday which is quite international I find it baffling that people who work in business affected by it don't know what's going on..I'm not sure what level of significance does it hold in the anglo-saxon world nowadays and of course you can ignore anything but still..blimey
    Last edited by Stanic; 02-05-18 at 11:56.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cleaning group head:

1. After how many espressos do you expect a home user would be advised to clean the group head parts?

2. Have you evaluated the feasibility of smaller holes in either the lower or middle diffuser to reduce the amount of coffee grounds migrating upward? Minimizing migration to the top diffuser seems especially desirable since it requires 4 screws to remove.

Since the bottom diffuser is thin, perhaps it could have a larger number of smaller diameter holes, like a filter basket.

Perhaps the middle diffuser, being thicker, could have conical holes, with the narrow end down. The conical shape would permit a smaller diameter outlet to block coffee without proportionately increasing impedance to water flow — like the VST basket holes, but inverted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Decent espresso

@ Bob Stern:
    You cannot avoid the group getting dirty as it is from coffee oils/fat mainly - not from particles moving up!
    Cleaning interval was mentioned by John: once the water comes out uneven.
    Best
    Stefan

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Last edited by embrya; 03-05-18 at 07:35.

Page 178 of 210 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188 ... LastLast