Kruve Inc.
Page 143 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1819

Thread: Decent espresso

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavecUK View Post
    Heating a water tank to 50C is a really bad idea!
    Why?

FYI, the tank is periodically heated to 70°C (or so was the plan a year ago) to sterilize.

North of central UK--Within easy reach of York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Heating a water tank to 50C is a really bad idea!
    Does it really need to be 50c ?, several degrees above ambient would reduce time taken for delivery temp or is there a bacteria issue ?.

Jon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roastini View Post
    Why?

FYI, the tank is periodically heated to 70°C (or so was the plan a year ago) to sterilize.
    Is it definitely heated to 70C and how often?

Even if it is, there must be a reason autoclaves go to a much higher temperature.
    Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB BTC Machines, Prototype machines Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: Just loads of stuff I forget I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

isnt 50 degrees Legionaires disease territory? That's why Domestic HW should be at 60 I believe
    Sage DTP | Santos #4

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pgarrish View Post
    isnt 50 degrees Legionaires disease territory? That's why Domestic HW should be at 60 I believe
    Yep. Warm buggy heaven.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/healthservices/legionella.htm
    Did someone say coffee?
    :Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> fracino Cherub:Mazzer SuperJolly:Hario V60+aeropress+french press:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Is it definitely heated to 70C and how often?

Even if it is, there must be a reason autoclaves go to a much higher temperature.
    It's an espresso machine not a sterilizer. Come on, even if there would be some bacteria growing they will be dead arriving in the espresso. The tank is ceramics and very good to clean. So regular cleaning will help a lot for prevention!

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Not quite @embrya, sterilisation of bugs is 80deg+ for 5-10 minutes.

However - warm temps are not the only thing bugs needs to thrive - they also need oxygen, which I would guess there isn't much of in there, but I wouldn't want to guess at water safety in this regard - have to see if it's something @decent_espresso have thought of already.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Default Grinder report

I was asked today about the status of our grinder https://decentespresso.com/pro_grinder which is in this photo below, taken at our coffee station here at Decent Headquarters.

These have been available for pre-order for a while, and I have a pallet of 50 grinders in stock. However, these grinders are then hand modified by us to have an X/Y/Z adjustable portafilter stand, as my focus with this grinder is getting the mound centered and also weighed. The scale stands were the last design for us to really nail down.

In the photo, if you look carefully, you'll see that the left hand side grinder is missing the thumb-screws that the right hand model has. We previously had height adjustment holes at set intervals, but I decided to move to thumb screws and continuous adjustment.

The sheet metal company suddenly wants an additional USD$680 to deliver these, which wasn't agreed to. I suspect this is a "get it before Chinese new year" negotiating tactic (sigh) so we might have to wait until they come back from their 2 week holiday to start assembling our grinders.

BURRS

I also wanted to sort out an upgrade (and replacement) path for the burrs. They are 64mm flat burrs, as the web page mentions. I need to totally redo the video as soon as we start shipping the grinders, which will be immediately after Chinese new year (about 2 weeks). In the video I incorrectly state that they're conical burrs, but they are in fact flat burrs.

We've been working Hansung https://www.instagram.com/SSP_grinding/ in Korea to use his burrs as an upgrade/replacement burr. The burr upgrade effectively increases the quality of the grinder from a Mazzer Super-Jolly level to a Mahlkonig K30 level, and this is guaranteed to be the case by SSP. The SSP burrs are much admired also by Socratic coffee https://www.instagram.com/Socraticcoffee/ and their testing has yielded some nice results.

We're also going to be selling the SSP burrs to people who want to upgrade their existing grinders, as I'm not sure there are any sources besides SSP in Korea at the moment, for them.

On Home Barista they've been talking about the SSP burr upgrade recently:
    https://www.home-barista.com/grinders/mazzer-mini-e-to-k30-mod-t48458.html
    with what appears to be good results.

IMG_7952.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If we buy a grinder through Decent, can you make the upgrade for us? If so, what would the final cost of that be? I'd rather just receive it ready to go!

Page 143 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast