CoffeeHit
Page 142 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1488

Thread: Decent espresso

  1. #1411
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    North of central UK--Within easy reach of York
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    I note the difficulty in Breville supplying/wanting to supply seals for that HX style, surface grinding is not an option either due the seal channel dimensions being eroded.

    Without scrolling all the comments on this subject, what capacity is the tank and is it removed to replenish.

    Jon.

  2. #1412
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    599
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpresso View Post
    Without scrolling all the comments on this subject, what capacity is the tank and is it removed to replenish.
    Sorry Jon, are you asking about the Decent water heater or another one?

    There is no concept of "capacity" to it, because it heats on demand. The "water tank" holds 2 liters, so that's the eventual limit, unless you're plumbed.

    -john

  3. #1413
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    North of central UK--Within easy reach of York
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by decent_espresso View Post
    Sorry Jon, are you asking about the Decent water heater or another one?

    There is no concept of "capacity" to it, because it heats on demand. The "water tank" holds 2 liters, so that's the eventual limit, unless you're plumbed.

    -john
    Just wondered if there was any meat in considering a low wattage tank warmer so HX did not need to heat from ambient, however mains supply really rules that out.
    My thoughts are perhaps prohibitive.

    Jon.

  4. #1414
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,217
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

    Default

    John - How does a machine like the Sage DTP or DB manage it's temperature after the Thermoblock? If it is as inaccurate as you say (which I dont doubt) I assume they must also be employing some kind of method to stabilise the temperature before it hits the puck?

  5. #1415
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    North of central UK--Within easy reach of York
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    John - How does a machine like the Sage DTP or DB manage it's temperature after the Thermoblock? If it is as inaccurate as you say (which I dont doubt) I assume they must also be employing some kind of method to stabilise the temperature before it hits the puck?
    A scaled down version of a thermostatic flow valve, pre-set, not dissimilar to you're shower mixer?.

    Jon..

  6. #1416
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpresso View Post
    Just wondered if there was any meat in considering a low wattage tank warmer so HX did not need to heat from ambient, however mains supply really rules that out.
    The water in the tank is heated to about 50°C (or at least that was the design as of some time ago).

  7. #1417
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    North of central UK--Within easy reach of York
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    That being the case, when you plumb in direct, does the incoming water replenish the reservoir tank or by-pass it direct to the HX.

    Jon.

  8. #1418
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpresso View Post
    That being the case, when you plumb in direct, does the incoming water replenish the reservoir tank or by-pass it direct to the HX.
    I believe that on a plumbed machine (a DE1PRO+) when low water is sensed the incoming water replenishes the supply tank, which is then heated to 50°C. During the wait while the tank comes back to temp, I believe you cannot make espresso. I think this takes a matter of minutes.

    The DE1 and the DE1+ do not have the capability to be plumbed in, so on those machines there would be a low water indicator, and the user refills the tank, which then needs to be heated prior to making espresso.

  9. #1419
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Byfleet, Surrey
    Posts
    3,729
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)

    Default

    Heating a water tank to 50C is a really bad idea!
    Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB BTC Machines: Melitta Caffeo varianza and Caffeo Barista TS Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: Grinders: Ceado E92: 145kg assorted greens::

  10. #1420
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default Decent espresso

    Quote Originally Posted by xpresso View Post
    That being the case, when you plumb in direct, does the incoming water replenish the reservoir tank or by-pass it direct to the HX.

    Jon.
    It‘s via the tank also. Otherwise the concept wouldn‘t work!


    Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Page 142 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Niche Coffee Grinder

Important Site Information


Google Analytics Alternative